Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaPano2VRRicoh Theta VVirtual TourVirtual Tour Pro Course

Pano2VR Pro vs VirtualTour Pro9208

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,

I am in a process of making a decision what software I want to buy for my Theta V camera in order to do custom community tours.

I went through some nice path last week that we always use as a family to ride bikes and made 38 panos. I have put them on Google maps already but
a) there is no my logo at nadir
and
b) they are not connected in a tour.

These panos are getting views with the one done on a local school ground getting almost 40 views by the end of the day(in 3-4 hours after publishing) and the rest got at least 10 views. I guess if it was a tour with connected panos I would get much more views for each pano. Anyway I am going to do this local community project a lot and I hope to get my business promotion from it.

Back to software in the title. Is there anybody who used both software and have something to say which one you like the most and why?

For me and limited use in trial Pano2VR Pro is cheaper at 349 euro while Virtual Tour Pro is 599 euro. However Virtual Tour Pro can run on 32Bit while Pano2VR needs 64bit for the current version. Since I have no decent machine with 64 bit I have to buy one and it may be even more with Pano2VR even though I want 64 bit for other software.
Other features seem to be very similar for both software. At least for those I could explore over the last two days.

BTW, I am not happy with wireless connection range for Theta V. It stops working sitting on a tripod even within 7-10 meters so it is really a problem to hide in order to get yourself out of 360 photos. I am planning on making a helmet with the camera mounted on top of it which will eliminate this problem.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve had the same range issue using the Theta V for Zillow 3D Home (360°) walkthroughs. It’s a major problem for shooting outdoors. I found I had to select camera positions near to objects like trees and then do my best to hide behind. Thankfully, I’m pretty lanky.

I wonder why one couldn’t use NodalView outdoors like this. Don’t know about uploading it to GSV, but it takes such great shots and since it rotates while shooting, there’s no problem standing behind it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
I wonder why one couldn’t use NodalView outdoors like this. Don’t know about uploading it to GSV, but it takes such great shots and since it rotates while shooting, there’s no problem standing behind it.

I can tell you why it does not work for me for this project. Since it is for business promotion I want to be able to do it as fast as possible to cover as much area around as possible. Caring a NodalView
360 degree rotation head, a mirrorless camera with a tripod and then stitching it manually will take much more time than with a 1 click camera. Even the same camera on a tripod is slower than the same camera mounted on a helmet.

If it is for commercial I may consider the head and doing it with my Sony 7As in the future. However I still have a Matterport camera so I need some good excuse for the head.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
BTW, I am not happy with wireless connection range for Theta V. It stops working sitting on a tripod even within 7-10 meters so it is really a problem to hide in order to get yourself out of 360 photos. I am planning on making a helmet with the camera mounted on top of it which will eliminate this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Home3D
I’ve had the same range issue using the Theta V for Zillow 3D Home (360°) walkthroughs. It’s a major problem for shooting outdoors. I found I had to select camera positions near to objects like trees and then do my best to hide behind. Thankfully, I’m pretty lanky.

Is setting the Ricoh Theta V timer for 5 or 10 seconds an option?

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I forgot about the option of using the timer. Could be helpful. However, @Wingman, be aware that NodalView does not use a mirrorless SLR style camera but a smartphone. I use my iPhone 8 and the photos are automatically stitched - flawlessly BTW - so it's almost as fast as clicking a 360° camera, when you consider the time running back and forth to hide from it. To me, worth it for the quality of the shots.

Nothing manual! Automatic stitching and then you have downloadable panos. Beyond that I'm not aware, whether these panos have Geo positioning in metadata. Maybe Thomas Lepelaars can chime in?
Post 5 IP   flag post
ThomasNodalview private msg quote post Address this user
No injection of GPS coordinates when downloading panoramas at the moment unfortunately. However, Nodalview does ask the user if he wishes to share GPS data during capture so this data is often recorded and could easily be added to the panoramas' meta-data - this could be very useful for GSV.

Please note that you have a possibility to download your 10k auto bracketed -perfectly exposed- panorama in "Google Streetview format" directly from your Nodalview account if you wish to have your hosted Nodalview 360° virtual tour & be able to upload it to GSV and assemble it there for obvious reasons !

Direct export to GSV is also on the product roadmap but not scheduled yet !

Final note : Any 2:1 panorama is supported in Nodalview. This means that you can -for convenience- keep shooting with a Ricoh Theta and upload to Nodalview to assemble into an interactive -embeddable- 360° virtual tour!

We're happy to help if you need any extra information !
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
If it is for GSV why not consider Panoskin Pro? Dan has a great deal for using it, it does the Nadir and you can blur faces etc if necessary. I also use Panotour Pro for a lot of my other tours. I really like it unfortunately it is not available anymore since Kolor (go pro)killed it off.Between Matterport, Panoskin Pro and Panotour Pro I can pretty much provide my clients exactly what they need.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @THRHHI
why not consider Panoskin Pro? Dan has a great deal for using it,

Thanks @THRHHI. We think so too

WGAN Standard and Premium Members receive the free use of Panoksin Pro. Details. www.JoinStandard.com

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Is setting the Ricoh Theta V timer for 5 or 10 seconds an option?

Yes it helps a lot with hiding and the wifi connection problem. However it adds time and it still does not help too much with picking up a spot for taking each pano. 5 sec delay probably useless, 10sec is more appropriate but a spot still needs something big around(a tree for example) to hide behind.

Even in a bush walking tour sometimes there is nothing big to hide behind, just small bushes around. In my last shooting and with 10 sec timer I had to take shoots with a huge difference in distance between them. That's because there was nothing big for me to hide behind. And 10sec for a timer makes extra 20sec to each shoot. 100 panons and it is already extra 33 minutes just for shooting. That's why I think nothing will beat doing it with a camera mounted on a helmet.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
@Wingman, be aware that NodalView does not use a mirrorless SLR style camera but a smartphone.

I must have been mistaken it with Nodal Ninja heads for DSLR cameras.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by THRHHI
If it is for GSV why not consider Panoskin Pro?

I like Panoskin for their features but as it has been explained by them here on the forum all their tours are built on panos already uploaded to Google Maps. And Google now charges for using their Maps API counting every load from a custom Panoskin tour. I am not even sure I can convince a business to pay for these loads to Google not to mention that on community projects I will be paying for it myself.

I am leaning towards Pano2VR for their price and similarity with VirtualTour by Vista3D. The only thing that I like in VirtualTour which is currently missing in Pano2VR is an option to lock a tour with a password. But I am thinking it may not take too much time for Pano2VR to implement it plus I can always program a locking mechanism on a webpage level. That actually gives me much more control. For example a tour can be unlocked after a payment received and codes(passwords) can be either emailed or even texted on a customer's mobile.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I have purchased Pano2VR Pro today and have done a tour from my walk in it and reuploaded it to Google Maps. I guess I need to wait for google to show connections between my panos. Can someone have a look at the following pano
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-27.5041296,152.930181,3a,75y,33.19h,1t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipNqg5M3HExpO5BbThbSypplnjQrlZUt-2h_A1O3!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipNqg5M3HExpO5BbThbSypplnjQrlZUt-2h_A1O3%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya50.529305-ro-0-fo100!7i5376!8i2688

It seems to show my logo correctly in Chrome but it looks awful in IE. IE shows it as some kind of ..tagon shape with many sides, scrambled text to the point that it cannot be even read.

Does my logo look too big and against Google guidelines(25%)? I was just trying to cover my tripod head and it was not my intention to make it that big.

As for the Theta V I am finding it is very problematic for their GPS data. Many panos were placed in wrong places(50-100m difference from a real location) through Google Street View app a week ago and many of them were placed even on top of each other.

It has given me a huge headache at the beginning of using Pano2VR Pro. I was trying to fix all panos positions and because some of them were sitting on top of each other it looked like they were duplicating every time I corrected position for a single one. I was even thinking of contacting Pano2Vr support about it until I noticed that they were not duplicating but it was just showing a bottom pano after I moved the one sitting on top of it to a correct place on the Google Map.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
it seems google has done with connections on my tour. I have lost a few shoots going over a bridge there so you are kind of jumping under it if you go to the next spot. I will probably redo the whole walk once I get a helmet mount for my Theta V. And it is still a lot to learn for me both for Pano2VR and for publishing tours on google map.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101704 13 13