Hi All,

In the UAV Coach Forum – same company that runs Drone Pilot Group School for the FAA Aeronautical Knowledge Test (FAQs) – is this excellent post:

Licensing Media for Real Estate – Are you doing it?

Here's a short excerpt:

"If you work in an area where properties are bought and sold repeatedly, you'll want the opportunity to license that media to the next realtor who's picking up the listing. It happens here on Maui often...condo up for sale, I shoot it, it sells, next realtor comes along in a year, nothing inside the unit has changed, so they license the existing media from me. Another opportunity for re-licensing media is when the home doesn't sell, and is picked up for re-listing by another realtor. Right there is your earning potential in full swing...you have images, they need images...let's connect!"

"Now, here's the tricky part where a lot of media providers miss the point. How much should I charge to license media I've already created?"

"Ready for the answer? Ok, here goes: Full price."

"Yep, you read that correctly. I charge full price to license imagery to a realtor, whether I'm shooting it for them, or already have it on a hard drive. Why? One word: VALUE."

Source: UAV Coach Forum

----

Are you licensing the same aerial footage over-and-over-again at full price?

Best,

Dan