Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AutosCarQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Do you do Matterport scan/charge for Garages/Carports?9118

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Question of the Day: What do you like best about the new Matterport Showcase?

Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Sunday, 14 April 2019 is:

When you do a Matterport scan of a house that has a garage or carport, do you charge for this square footage?

I ask because we have had some clients that would like to skip scanning the garage or carport to save money, BUT, the dollhouse doesn't look as good if we leave it out. Your experience on this topic?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Kevinwdiamond private msg quote post Address this user
I have not been a RE agent, but as a Real Estate Appraiser for 15 years, square footage is based on gross living area, not the Total Building Area. If you have a 2,400 sqft house, that is based on the size of the proper house not inclusive of the 400 sqft extra a standard double wide garage would add on. A 3 or 4 car garage would certainly be a feature to show to buyers, but it is not part of the GLA. Assessor data does not include the garage space. Even outside spaces for laundry or other out buildings are not included in assessor counts of living area.

Finished basements or attic rooms are also not included in Assessor data, but could be a significant factor when quoting by sqft.

Hope that helps.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I guess it should not really matter how property floor area is calculated in general. If it needs to be scanned either because customer wants it or just to get a better dollhouse model it still takes time to scan I will charge for it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
I scan as much as the camera will allow both interior and exterior. Typically i am 10-12 scans into the project before I get inside. Once inside I do everything, closets, garage, balconies, screened porches etc. For me it is about providing the best model for my client as it is also a reflection on their professionalism as an agent. I charge by the heated sqft of the house which, cost per sqft, may seen high but when you take in the whole model, including providing weekly stats and helping the agents utilize the Matterport to its fullest I am actually priced very competitively. I am not the cheapest in my market but i do provide the best product and service.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101646 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?