Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdvicePricingQuestion of the DayStrategy

PRICING..Square footage or rooms?9103

Seaweedsoul private msg quote post Address this user
Hello and Happy Spring! Recently I've had three different homes that had 3000 square feet each. I quoted a price based on the square footage. However, two of the homes had 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, etc. One of the homes had only 2 bedrooms and was mostly open space floorplan.

The 6 bedroom homes took twice as long to scan, had second stories and large landscaped yards also with different levels. Much more time involved.

The home with the two bedrooms and almost no yard and one level was much faster.

I felt like I wasn't earning what I should with the two 6 bedroom homes. But I charged the same price because I quoted the same price. But the scans counted for the 6 bedroom home were many more than the 2 bed with same square footage..

How should I handle this? I also offered a spring special for the Matterport and I'm getting more business but I don't want to get taken advantage of.

Thoughts? how to charge for more rooms? or not?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
I think i would look at it as I had an easy job to do on the two bedroom home. Think of it as, 'that was easy money' rather than should I charge more for the other one......
Post 2 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
Square footage always.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Make sense. But would you charge extra for the home that has so many rooms and more scans? Because more rooms equates to more scans..They are not all created equal. Multiple staircases, decks, bedrooms and bathrooms..they ad up when there are that many extra rooms.
Post 4 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
My advice to you would be to look at your core business line. Base your pricing on the size and configuration of the types of homes you expect to scan 80% of the time. The other 20% of the time you will get homes that are easy and homes that are difficult. Over time it will end up being a wash. So, do not overcomplicate things and price each job as a custom job. Rather determine a price per square foot that you are comfortable with and applying that rate. You will also want to make sure that you set a minimum price to cover the cost of showing up.
Hope that helps.
JonJ
Post 5 IP   flag post
Yes that helps. Thank you. It does seem like most of the homes are large with lots of rooms. The more rooms the more scans. $300 for a home with 16+ rooms/spaces seems to feel like it's not enough. Plus the travel time, time spent editing...I'd like to earn more than the .10 cents a square foot on those..I do charge for travel if it's taking me an hour to get there (yesterday scan was 83 miles each way).

Do you ever have home owners that just stop you working and question after question as you are taking each and every scan? yesterday was like that as well. They added an hour to my work day just answering questions. It was tiresome after a while. I wanted to focus and finish up and get on home with my long drive ahead. ( I love people.. I just really wanted to get the job done. Best scans are when the home-owners are not there).
Post 6 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
I know that a lot of service providers baulck at $0.10 per square foot, but what if you could scan 3000 - 4000 sqft in an hour including setup? Is $0.10 per sqft still unreasonable? Maybe you could look at increasing your efficiency and speed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I don't think .10 sq ft is unreasonable if the space is a standard ranch style one level 3 bed 2 bath. But when it's 6 bedrooms, two stories, multiple stair cases, 4 bathrooms, 2 living room spaces, etc.. it gets to be a two hour job with great efficiency. I'm fast and efficient. Careful to not bump walls with tripod as I move from room to room.

It would be faster if you did not need to keep the distance between scans between 5 - 7 feet. This last house I did had mirrors and windows postivily everywhere.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101430 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?