Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360GeoCVVersus

GeoCV - custom background image or panorama?9079

GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
AntonYakubenko private msg quote post Address this user
Our customers asked us to allow them to differentiate the look of GeoCV Viewer even further. What do you think about allowing for custom background image or 360 pano?

Here is a quick-and-dirty example for GeoCV 3D tour by Kevin Dole at @Home3D:
https://geocv.com/pradodelasflores-backpano

Would such a feature be beneficial to you?

What background images or panoramas would you add?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
Anton - in line with customisation here is my request.

custom PREVIEW IMAGE (the one which pops till the model loads) does weigh in more.

The preview image is the first to appear, takes most real estate and stays long enough to have the branding impact. Even the URL's thumbnail is this image.
Post 2 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar
Anton - in line with customisation here is my request.

custom PREVIEW IMAGE (the one which pops till the model loads) does weigh in more.

Already in the product roadmap
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
And if you deliver your GeoCV model using WP3D models, you can have a custom landing image now. Look at - Calabasas3D.com

Anton, I like the example custom background image you created for this test. Using the soft-focus aerial pano is interesting and emphasizes the presence of the “Outdoor” 3D view in the model.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
This is the beauty of GeoCV, one can just do it with self hosting data set, matter of time GeoCV adds a button in editor. All done under one roof.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Anton,

Already your light background is more desirable to me than the black MP background. Having the ability to customize the background is another great step - e.g. one could use a client's logo, or other discernible branding photo.

Keith
Post 6 IP   flag post
GeoCV Jonathan_GeoCV private msg quote post Address this user
What do you guys think of this one?

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
OK, now you guys are just showing off! Lol....looks fantastic.

Keith
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
What? You couldn’t find an aerial pano of Central Park? Really, great innovation once again.

I do have a challenge, though. In the background soft-focus aerial pano on the Prado de las Flores example, can you make it such that when the model is tilted to the horizontal limit, the background aerial pano tilts a bit more so that the horizon and some blue sky fill at least the top 1/3 of the frame? This will enhance the visual experience and dimensionality.

Yeah, this is like curing cancer and the patient asks “What else can you do?”
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Home3D
And if you deliver your GeoCV model using WP3D models, you can have a custom landing image now. Look at - Calabasas3D.com

How to pair GeoCV with WP3D Models to create Single Property Websites

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
I do have a challenge, though. In the background soft-focus aerial pano on the Prado de las Flores example, can you make it such that when the model is tilted to the horizontal limit, the background aerial pano tilts a bit more so that the horizon and some blue sky fill at least the top 1/3 of the frame? This will enhance the visual experience and dimensionality.

We're aware of the problem. We need to think more about how to solve it. Just tilting the pano won't work since it would look proper in one direction and look worse in the opposite one since the pano is fixed against the 3D model in the same coordinate system. Perhaps we could move (not rotate) the whole skybox of the pano down, so more of the sky is visible.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
It's all math, of course. But I was thinking that you might tie the model and pano together such that they are both true when looking vertically straight down, but the aerial pano tilts about 20% faster so that when the model is at the stop point (about 20-25° downward from horizon-level) the aerial pano nearly reaches horizon-level (about 5° down from horizon-level).
Post 12 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
It's all math, of course. But I was thinking that you might tie the model and pano together such that they are both true when looking vertically straight down, but the aerial pano tilts about 20% faster so that when the model is at the stop point (about 20-25° downward from horizon-level) the aerial pano nearly reaches horizon-level (about 5° down from horizon-level).

Thank you for the idea! We've implemented it, and it actually works well in my opinion. Check this out:
https://geocv.com/version-features-background-increase-velocity/pradodelasflores-backpano
Post 13 IP   flag post
Eddi private msg quote post Address this user
@AntonYakubenko Do you think it is possible in the future to develop a tool to import a Matterport tour into the GeoCV platform? Technically speaking, I think it is doable. But I am curious what is your opinion about this topic.
Thank you!
Post 14 IP   flag post
101636 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?