Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DroneGeoCVPix4DWGAN 360 Camera Loaner Program

What is the learning curve for shooting GeoCV 3D Aerial?9027

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: WGAN-TV Short Story #526 with Los Angeles-based Home3D.us (@Home3D) Kevin Dole

Hi All,

A GeoCV 3D Tour can include 3D aerial.

How is that done and how whats the learning curve for GeoCV 3D aerial?

In this WGAN-TV Short Story #526, Los Angeles-based Home3D.us - @Home3D - Kevin Dole describes the GeoCV learning curve for shooting, back-end and at-length about 3D aerial.

You can watch the entire discussion with Kevin here.

(Kevin borrowed the GeoCV Kit from the WGAN 360º Camera Loaner Program.)

Best,

Dan

P.S. We'll add a 3D version of the aerial in the future. This is a GeoCV 3D Tour that Kevin created that includes aerial 360ºs – again, not the 3D version.

GeoCV with exterior terrain - http://Calabasas3D.com (in WP3D wrapper with Kevin's video and stills, FYI)
Could not convert link
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
This link DOES include the 3D aerial. Just tap the “tree” icon at the bottom, as I have here. Enjoy the magic.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
The aerial 3D work looks great, but I have to question how practical it really is. Considering the learning curve with all the trial and error involved...who has the time and how often will you actually be hired to do this. I am also assuming the processing fee will be high so that will limit how many end users there are in my market area. And after learning how to do it, if I don't have a willing client for a few months...maybe a year...I imagine there would be more trial and error involved in getting it right again.

Like I said, the end result is really nice but in practical terms I don't see a big return on the time investment. IMHO
Post 3 IP   flag post
Convrts private msg quote post Address this user
This looks pretty nifty, however I'm wondering is there an aerial mapping option which will allow me to create an aerial map and then embed / link tours within it?
I'm currently creating tours for all of the buildings on a University campus and am looking for a way to have the end result as an aerial map with various hot spots which could be clicked on to open the tour of that specific building.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Convrts
This looks pretty nifty, however I'm wondering is there an aerial mapping option which will allow me to create an aerial map and then embed / link tours within it?
I'm currently creating tours for all of the buildings on a University campus and am looking for a way to have the end result as an aerial map with various hot spots which could be clicked on to open the tour of that specific building.

@Convrts

Seems like ThreeSixty Tours is exactly the solution that you are seeking for your University campus tour.

ThreeSixxty Tour courtesy of ThreeSixty Tours

WGAN-TV Live at 5: ThreeSixty.Tours for Newbies: Demo and Discuss with WP3D Models Developer Ross Peterson

Special Offer for WGAN Standard and Premium Members

WGAN Standard and Premium Members receive the free use of ThreeSixty Tours Pro 5 White Label Plan
the free use of WP3D Models WordPress Plugin
the free use of WordPress powered by Ionblade

| Compare WGAN Membership Plans | WGAN Membership Benefits | www.JoinStandard.com
Post 5 IP   flag post
Convrts private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Dan, that looks fantastic and an amazing solution!
I know a number of clients who will love this as a way of putting their tours together
Post 6 IP   flag post
101707 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?