Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.objLASMESHLabPoint CloudsScans

OBJ to LAS (Point Cloud) Is it possible?8993

Priest private msg quote post Address this user
I've spent the last 2 days messing around with trials of software and pouring through forums to try and achieve and OBJ conversion to LAS point cloud.

The goal: Create a 3d Model with Matterport and be able to host it on our software which requires a LAS or LAZ format to be usable.

Steps taken: I've been using the example MatterPak download for testing. I've been able to convert the XYZ file to LAS and that works for viewing in our software but it is gray and does not provide any detail. We are needing to be able to view the actual interior/exterior, so looking for the color to be applied to the points. I've also been able to convert the OBJ file to PTS but the PTS file is not usable in our software.

Is there a way to get from the MatterPort scans to a colored Point Cloud in LAS format?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Use MESHLab to open the OBJ and convert it to a colorized point cloud. Open that with Cloud Compare and export a LAS/LAZ file.

Both applications are free.
Post 2 IP   flag post
xiarosh private msg quote post Address this user
3DReshaper

https://www.3dreshaper.com/en/

Post 3 IP   flag post
101428 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?