Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DroneDroneDeployPIX4D

Pix4D versus DroneDeploy8989

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Your thoughts on Pix4D versus DroneDeploy?

This discussion is inspired by this WGAN Forum discussion:

Video: DJI Phantom 4 Pro verrsus DJI Mavic Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360
For Real Estate photography, I'd definitely say go with the Mavic Pro 2. If you are sticking with DJI, I do think that the Phantom 4 seems to have more cred with drone enthusiasts. A colleague of mine pointed out to me that Pix4D, which is a more powerful tool than Drone Deploy, does not support the Mavic (yet) - so there definitely seems to be a professional bias towards the Phantom Series.

Got an example to share using Pix4D or DroneDeploy?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Briski2208 private msg quote post Address this user
DJI just launched new 3D data acquisition.
http://link.dji.com/u/gm.php?UID=EZcUJvBq02&ID=290636680_2551101_377

Anyone familiar with the release?
Post 2 IP   flag post
FunN4Lo private msg quote post Address this user
You wouldn't use either for Real Estate photography. They are both mapping programs.
Post 3 IP   flag post
FunN4Lo private msg quote post Address this user
And as a side note, The P4 series are discontinued. You probably can't find one very many places unless you are buying used. Rumor has it the P5 is around the corner. I have both the P4P and the Mavic Pro 1. The Phantom camera is awesome. The Mavic is highly portable. The Mavic Pro2 is the best of both worlds
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
If you are wanting to incorporate aerial models with GeoCV, Drone Deploy becomes applicable to high end real estate or for innovative marketing for builders.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Pix4d has a capture app that can make an orbiting fly path around a property but it may be better just to do it manually. And to do it manually there is no need in any of these apps.

I agree with FunN4Lo these apps and services mostly for 3d mapping with drones and they are not cheap.

If somebody still wants to create a 3D model of a property you can try this software https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=81&v=k4NTf0hMjtY

I cannot see why it won't work with taking pictures from a drone. It won't be GPS coordinates related as with 3D drone mapping(pix4d, drone deploy etc) but it may still give you a good 3d model of a property and it is free(open source) software.

I want to try it myself for a few different applications but it comes in 64 bit only and currently I have no PCs that are running 64 bit window.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101641 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?