Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CommentaryMatterport Kerfuffle

Matterport Shoots Itself in the Foot with Matterport Service Providers8987

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The saga continues of Matterport telling Matterport Service Providers that it is their BFF and want to send business their way. Actually, Matterport may send business your way so that you can develop the lead, get the business, get the client excited and using Matterport and then.... solicit "your" client to sell them a camera directly.

I could imagine that Matterport would say that it is just a coincidence that they have contacted your client.

Well, read on ...

About six months ago, a Member of the WGAN Community reached out to me to say that his [redacted] – his cat - had sent a request to Matterport requesting a Matterport Service Provider in his area.

Well, in the last 30 days, his cat received this email from Matterport.

----

[WGAN Member emails me for backstory: [cat's name redacted] requested a MSP 6 mos ago but was not set up as a collaborator.]

----

Date: [date] at [time]
Subject: Matterport Promotion Ending March 31st
To: [redacted]

Hi [redacted],

Hope you are having a great start to the year and your market is starting to ramp up.

Reaching out to get an idea if Matterport is still on your radar for 2019.

Our $400 promotion off the cost of our Pro2 camera ends on Sunday March 31st [2019]. We recently partnered with 360 camera companies Ricoh and Insta360 to producing Matterport content in a more cost-effective alternative.

If you are still considering adding immersive 3D tours and 24/7 open houses to your portfolio, let me know when would be a good time to connect this week.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

[redacted]
Enterprise Account Executive
[redacted]

---

The cat's owner writes:

FYI

additional solicitation to my cat from MP to buy a camera [above]
you may remember that [redacted] has become a target for MP camera marketing
good news is that [redacted] is not buying a camera and will stay a client

4. glad I moved off MP and like CUPIX and reviewing the new GeoCV option but not super clear on the pricing models

---

While Matterport may sell more Cameras in the short run with this marketing tactics, in the long run, professional photographers will look to other camera/platforms that does NOT use leads generated in one channel for another. To be clear, if Matterport seeks leads for Matterport Service Providers, these leads should not - must not - be used by the sales team that sells cameras.

---

Am I the only one that finds these Matterport marketing tactics offensive to Matterport Service Providers?

---

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Perhaps there is a brave sole here that will post this WGAN discussion (title, link) to MOUG and ask Matterport:

---

Is it true that when Matterport receives leads for Matterport Service Providers, these leads are then used to sell Matterport Cameras after we have taken the time to:

1. develop the lead
2. educate the client
3. begin doing Matterport 3D Tours for the client
4. getting the client hooked on using Matterport

Essentially, we are the boots on the ground doing the heavy lifting of sales and then you swoop it to say it would be cheaper for "our client" to buy a Matterport camera and scan themselves.

Please tell us this is not so!

---

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Queen_City_3D

You seem like a brave sole. Can you post and ask?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Dan you are confusing providers and partners again.

I make a lot of money with my cameras and run a long-time solid business around immersion photography. And our business is growing daily with businesses that bought cameras and now prefer to outsource, as it is less expensive(those pesky benefits). Too many noobs, whiners, and complainers in this business today that couldn’t explain an exposure triangle, if a chart fell into their lap. We win and take the business because of experience.

If MP did anything wrong, it was selling cameras to people who have no business running their own business. All praise the one-click.

Why don’t you post your question on MOUG yourself? Tag RJ and friends.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@TrustedPhotoDC

Thank you for your insight. Glad to hear that you are growing daily.

I look forward to hearing what others have to say on this topic.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
I totally agree, we have built and maintain a great business. We have 6 Matterports and our business has grown, and continues to grow. We work hard in promoting our services and our very strong pricing. In the 3 years we have been providing Matterport service we have completed over 1900 scans. NOTHING COMPETES WITH HARD WORK.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101422 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?