Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm ET)
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GeoCVVersus

GeoCV Demo: How to use the GeoCV 3D Tour Camera/Scanning Kit8926

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV GeoCV FAQs with GeoCV Co-Founder and CEO Anton Yakubenko-Short Story #463 - Product Demo Part 1 of 3
WGAN-TV GeoCV FAQs with GeoCV Co-Founder and CEO Anton Yakubenko-Short Story #463 - Product Demo Part 2 of 3
WGAN-TV GeoCV FAQs with GeoCV Co-Founder and CEO Anton Yakubenko-Short Story #463 - Product Demo Part 3 of 3

Hi All,

Above is a demo of the GeoCV 3D Tour Camera/Scanning Kit by GeoCV GeoCV Co-Founder and CEO Anton Yakubenko.

Questions about the demo?

Best,

Dan

GeoCV Kit (excludes tripod)
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a remote control option? There are instances where there is nowhere to hide unless you really walk away far. Thanks for the demo!
Post 2 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
AntonYakubenko private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosolini
Is there a remote control option? There are instances where there is nowhere to hide unless you really walk away far. Thanks for the demo!

In case you need more time to hide away, there is a special button in our app, which adds 5 extra seconds delay before capture starts. This feature is used only in several percent of cases, when really large spaces are shot. Usually you have enough time to hide away from the camera when it starts to warm up for a few seconds, especially if you point it at the opposite direction from the way you'll we walking away. Alternatively, you can always walk around the camera during capturing. We have not yet experienced a case where none of these options was sufficient.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Convrts private msg quote post Address this user
I really like the look of GeoCV but there are a few niggly things which just seem to be less user friendly than the system we’re all using at the moment. Editing features on a small phone screen, lack of remote trigger, length of charge on camera (stopping a job after 3 hours to re-charge phone is going to affect time spent on jobs as a phone doesn’t fully charge in the time it takes to drink a coffee and eat a sandwich .. for those of us with the luxury of lunch breaks!).
Also, what’s the length of guarantee on the equipment
Also just had the pricing through and it’s going to be significantly more expensive than our current matterport solution. We’d have to take the all-inclusive unlimited package to make it work and once you add the price of the camera on top this is quite an outlay.
As a current msp all of our current tours require continued hosting so this would be alongside Matterport fees.
Another concern is that the price list states “subject to change” are we going to sign up for this year and then be faced with a price hike next year?
While I do think the features are great and offer a better alternative to our current offer, prices for Virtual Tours are being squeezed and squeezed and while a select few clients will appreciate the GeoCV features the vast majority won’t appreciate the difference.
I’m so close to investing in this option as do think it’s of great benefit but still need a tiny bit more convincing that this is a long term solution
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Convrts I'm presently field testing the GeoCV device and I am having an absolute blast. It's better than anything I could have imagined.

#1) Editing Features on the Small Screen

I do love that while scanning with my Matterport Pro-2, I have my iPad in hand and I have all the time in the world to plan my next move, mark my windows, and check over my work. In all honesty, I generally know what I'm doing and don't even look at my iPad

With GeoCV, there are some pro-features in their capture application that make up having to operate on the small screen. For one, their capture app shows you a live point cloud of the space that changes as you apply window and mirror markers. It took me just 2 scans to learn how to recognize when a marker is correctly placed, get totally comfortable with their system, and become a pro at generating a 100% perfectly marked space on the first try.

With Matterport Capture, you need to really be careful as the Capture App will not give you any feedback about your markings and the mini map can be very inaccurate if you've made a few mistakes, or if Capture misaligned but still registered the scan.

So, editing on the small screen isn't as nice as using an iPad, but the GeoCV Capture App can save you days of wasted time if you're wanting to nail a perfect model on your first upload.

#2) Warranty

GeoCV uses a rotator, removable batteries, a replaceable phone, and some replaceable wires. In theory, unless the rotator breaks, you can quickly get up to speed again by replacing parts. The rotator is VERY solid -- it's VERY well made. I was pleasantly surprised.

While I've never heard of a Matterport's battery dying, I have heard of people compromising one of the depth sensors (dropping something on it, scratching, etc) -- and in this case, GeoCV is a $300 Amazon purchase with overnight delivery away from being back on the ground.

One thing that can happen to a Matterport Camera is that when it falls, the top often pops off, which sometimes results in the wifi antenna becoming disconnected. Unless you're handy with soldering it back, your camera will need to be sent back in. This can sometimes cost a few hundred dollars.

GeoCV's onboard Galaxy S8 can be replaced for less than the repair cost of your Matterport.

#3) Pricing

I find GeoCV's pricing to be very complicated. Anton will explain it to you, but it sounds like a mathematical formula, not an emotionally appealing proposition. At this time, GeoCV are looking for some dedicated users to get the ball rolling and if you do a significant volume, their unlimited pricing is a steal. If you are looking to use it as a premium service for when clients demand features that cannot be found with Matterport, then their pay as you go pricing makes sense and you can recoup the premium pricing with your own pricing.

I do feel that Matterport's pricing is much more appealing to mainstream users -- especially to Realtors. $50/mo will take care of your hosting and scanning a few spaces a month -- that's quite appealing!

I'm planning to invest in a GeoCV unit and Pay-as-You-Go pricing. I'll discuss this at a later time. I want to offer the unique features that GeoCV offers to clients who WANT those feature and WILL pay extra for them. Otherwise, it's Matterport all the way! GeoCV will be my weekend car.

For people who have NOT invested in Matterport and do NOT have a contract with Matterport, it may be easier to jump in with GeoCV. You can always start as Pay-as-You-Go and get under contract later when it makes sense.

#4) As a Current MSP ... we still pay hosting to Matterport.

Yup, which is why I feel that the Pay-as-You-Go plan is a great opportunity. I cannot see the value in paying a monthly contract right now while cannibalizing my Matterport-based business as I'm getting exceptionally GREAT value from Matterport. Pay as You Go allows me the best of both worlds!

#5) "subject to change"

Well, Matterport just stopped allowing 100+ scan tours to be included as 'free scans' with our packages. They also just revised their billing system to add in every possible assessed tax (which they are rendering to your local goverment). So, things are always subject to change. They could get cheaper you know Whatever the change is, it's not likely going to seriously impact your ability to succeed.

#6) Will Clients Notice the Difference to Justify GeoCV vs Matterport?

The client that I purchased my first Pro-1 to serve in 2015 said to me: "I like the GeoCV one better" after I presented an A/B test. This client is a multi-family client that is extremely high fashion when it comes to the look of their model apartments. The GeoCV processing picked up their colors in a more marketable, vibrant and appealing way. We're continuing to A/B with them, because if they decide that they want GeoCV moving forward, they will pay more as I will be taking a financial hit in buying the camera, paying procsesing fees (whether it's Pay as You Go, or a plan), and partly cannibalizing my Matterport sales.

I think it's interesting to present both options and see how clients respond. I really expect to see mixed results. Some may feel that GeoCV feels overstylized, some may love it. Sometimes GeoCV seems overexposed. Sometimes the colors pull too cool and you'll get a bit of blue in the panoramas. You can, of course, pay to download the panoramas, fix them and reupload them. But then again, that takes more time for you to do, doesn't it? There's a cost there too.

So it's a mixed bag. With Matterport, we have had the luxury of not being able to take control, so it just is what it is. Now there is a second platform that offers us control and at the end of the day, you have full responsibility over the content. It's rather exciting as it opens up more possibilities.

#7) "I need more convincing."

I own 3 Pro-2s and am looking forward to owning a GeoCV. I absolutely love using the Matteport Pro-2 camera and intend to continue to grow my Matterport Business.

At the same time, I believe that there are clients that I can win over with:

#1) Self Hosted Tours / Password Protected Tours
#2) More vibrant colors / ability to edit panoramas
#3) Downloading Panoramas for the client
#4) Aerial 3D Integration

GeoCV's Virtual Staging option is intriguing too. Matterport's RoOomie partnership is a bit of a wildcard as we've heard nothing about how that's going. Both solutions look as if they will be cost prohibitive and something that I do not have any confidence in selling to my own clients. That's just me and how I believe that my market in Texas will respond to the prices that I've heard flying around from both companies.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks so much for the feedback @metroplex360 its really great to get an idea of what it's actually like working with the system and think its definitely worth giving GeoCV a try following your comments.
I get the impression that the software running on the phone isn't an app like capture that be downloaded onto a second device (which would be ideal as an option to overcome the length of charge issue if scanning 2 smaller properties in a single day). Is that correct?
Just gone to sign up for the service and noticed that the company get freedom of use of all captured data in the same way as matterport have. I thought I'd read or heard somewhere that this was going to be different in this system and we were to have complete control of copyright of our data but must have been mistaken
Anyway, again thanks very much for the thorough breakdown it's convinced me to give it a try!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Convrts

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Convrts
Just gone to sign up for the service and noticed that the company get freedom of use of all captured data in the same way as matterport have. I thought I'd read or heard somewhere that this was going to be different in this system and we were to have complete control of copyright of our data but must have been mistaken

I could imagine that @AntonYakubenko will reply to your question ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Convrts

This WGAN Forum discussion may be helpful, since you are in the UK:

How to buy a GeoCV Kit if you live outside the United States

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convrts

Yes, with GeoCV you, our customer, own copyrights for the data, and we only get a license to use this data:
- to provide service to you
- to use it for product development purposes
- to use it for marketing purposes unless you forbid it
Post 8 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
Quote:
Also, what’s the length of guarantee on the equipment

We provide 1 year warranty.

Quote:
Another concern is that the price list states “subject to change” are we going to sign up for this year and then be faced with a price hike next year?

Pricing changes won't impact customers who have already subscribed to our services.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Hi Anton
That's great thanks for the clarification on these points. I'll be purchasing a kit today and am excited to try it out as seems a great option! Just a last question about the different contracts for pricing. If I begin using psy as you go in the immediate future and then 6 weeks in move to unlimited paying monthly then after the first month decide that this is the best option can I then pay for 12 months and receive the 20% discount or am I locked into a monthly contract? Many thanks for taking the time to answer these questions!
Post 10 IP   flag post
GeoCV
Co-Founder
New York City
Quote:
Hi Anton
That's great thanks for the clarification on these points. I'll be purchasing a kit today and am excited to try it out as seems a great option!

We're looking forward to it.

Quote:
Just a last question about the different contracts for pricing. If I begin using psy as you go in the immediate future and then 6 weeks in move to unlimited paying monthly then after the first month decide that this is the best option can I then pay for 12 months and receive the 20% discount or am I locked into a monthly contract? Many thanks for taking the time to answer these questions!

You're not locked in for a monthly plan and can upgrade to an annual plan and get 20% discount.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Thanks so much for the feedback @metroplex360 its really great to get an idea of what it's actually like working with the system and think its definitely worth giving GeoCV a try following your comments.
I get the impression that the software running on the phone isn't an app like capture that be downloaded onto a second device (which would be ideal as an option to overcome the length of charge issue if scanning 2 smaller properties in a single day). Is that correct?
Anyway, again thanks very much for the thorough breakdown it's convinced me to give it a try!

We've used the GeoCV unit to scan 4 spaces now. The software running on the phone is GeoCV's own capture software -- and it has some really amazing advantages including seeing how your markers affect your space in realtime! I love it!
Post 12 IP   flag post
101749 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?