Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BetaCapture 3.0 Beta

Matterport Beta8907

DaK private msg quote post Address this user
So I just got a new alert for a Matterport Beta update. I had yet to shoot anything with it so I thought I would experiment today. I shot this at about 12:30 in the afternoon in Florida. Obviously the sun would make Matterport unusable on the exterior at this time of day. However, using a combination of the normal 3D scan and the convert 360 to 3D, I was very surprised at the results.

Obviously I didn't shoot a lot, it was just a test but I'm curious, are a lot of people using this and is it truly viable to capture exteriors! This was pretty exciting to me but again, it's just one test, I'm wondering if results vary...

Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'm just jealous of the fact that you have semi-green grass where you are. I still have 12+ inches of snow in my yard which I'm waiting to melt.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yep, my grass in only "greenish" though as you said. Still beats snow. I work for a builder, come on down anytime and I'll get you hooked up!
Post 3 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
where is the convert 360 to 3D command?
Post 4 IP   flag post
never mind. just found it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
APN private msg quote post Address this user
OK I will ask, where is the convert 360 to 3D command?
Thanks
Arlyn
Post 6 IP   flag post
Place the 360 on floor plan as usual. Click on the circle. A menu will pop up. select convert to 3D. It may or may not align. It looks like it uses the same parameters as aligning a normal scan in that it won't magically align if it can't overlap the 3D data. (You will have had to download a couple of things that it will prompt you through to set up. Pretty cool, all in all, if it works. Cupix does what I've dreamed of since the 1980s but, of course, had no clue how to start. It's magic photogrammetry on a huge scale.
Post 7 IP   flag post
APN private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm wondering how it does with pools... As I was doing a shoot this morning on a home with a pool using the non beta version, I was reminded of the big black hole it leaves where the pool water should be.

Something I noticed when shooting the beta example above, there was a lot of light coming through on the patio area and the standard 3D scan of course showed black holes on the floor where the light was bright. However, when I shot a 360 and converted it, it filled in the holes left by the sun on the floor. I wonder if shooting and converting 360's of a pool area would show the water...

Has anyone tried?
Post 9 IP   flag post
101432 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?