Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab from the Survey

Hi All,

Should I share the (anonymized) results of the WGAN survey with those that complete the survey?

--

Thank you in advance for completing this short WGAN Forum survey.

To help improve the WGAN Forum experience for Visitors and Members, Georgia State University J. Mack Robinson College of Business students created this survey.

If you are one of the first 100 to complete this survey you will receive one $5 Starbucks eGift Card.

Thanks for taking the time to complete the students' survey by 11 am ET Sunday, 24 March 2019.

Best,

Dan

P.S. I will post when the Starbucks eGift Cards are no longer available.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Yes...share the results.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, of course, please share the results.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
osakadave private msg quote post Address this user
That would be great, thank you.
Post 4 IP   flag post
PBStone1 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you very much for the herculean effort you put into this site. Although my focus is AEC and not real estate, I find the information very helpful and interesting.

Keep up the good work!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@PBStone1

Thank you for your kind note. Thanks for noticing and much appreciated.

All WGAN Forum discussions tagged: AEC

Please do share your expertise. The Community is trying to understand how their expertise with Matterport, Cupix and other 3D and 360º platforms applies outside of residential real estate, including the AEC space.

Looking forward to you starting some new discussions

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
PBStone1 private msg quote post Address this user
Will do. Have just started using the Matterport as an alternative to our higher end scanning services. In many cases, a LIDAR scan provides much more information that is actually needed and becomes akin to swatting a fly with a hammer.

As the Matterport is (a) much less expensive, (b) quicker, and(c) more user friendly, it is a god fit for many applications. I have had the chance to compare the difference between point clouds, and naturally, the tolerance of the Matterport is significantly lower than our Leica. However, it is more than suitable for many applications, you just have to know it's limitations.

I am concerned about Matterport's business model,however, and my jury is still out to see how their model fits within my business. Many of my clients are very sensitive about who has access to their data, and if it can't be secured, it could be a deal killer. This may well drive me to another platform, we will see.

As I get more of a portfolio together, I will definitely be getting more involved in your forums, and hope to see other AEC professionals weighing in.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@PBStone1

I started two new discussions based on your post above:

AEC: Matterport versus LiDAR
Matterport Meets Privacy, Confidentiality and Security of Data

Much thanks for continuing the conversation in those discussions ..

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

If you completed the WGAN Survey, you should have received your $5 Starbucks eGift card.

As of 12:30 pm ET Friday, 15 March 2019, we still have more $5 Starbucks eGift cards for completing the survey.

(I will post when we run out of cards. )

Happy Friday,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

If you completed the WGAN Survey, you should have received your $5 Starbucks eGift card.

As of 9 am ET today (Wednesday, 20 March 2019), we still have more $5 Starbucks eGift cards for completing the survey.

(I will post when we run out of cards. )

Thank you in advance for taking a three minute WGAN survey created by Georgia State University students helping We Get Around Network.

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
101432 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?