Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360360 CamerasInsta360 One X

Video: New! Insta360 EVO 360º Camera8883

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Insta360 EVO: 3D.. But Better! | Video curtesy of Ben Claremont YouTube Channel

Hi All,

Yet another 360º Camera from Insta360 ... reviewed by 360º Camera Subject Matter Expert Ben Claremont.

Do you have a need for 180º RAW video (that's stabilize)?

Your thoughts?

Based on Ben's video, for the WGAN Forum Community, seems like the Insta360 One X is a much, much better choice.

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab from an eblast that I received Insta360 today (Wednesday, 13 March 2019).

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
3D VR180 is becoming the preferred way to watch video in a VR headset.

Buy it Now
Post 3 IP   flag post
RichardStanton private msg quote post Address this user
Ah this is why working with bleeding edge tech can be so "fun". Insta360, just on the heels of the One X has another model on the ramps. To make it more confusing they have it at basically the same price point as the One X, when you add that the specs are just about identical and the cost is only $20 more, you have to look deeper to decide.

To boil it down, the new Evo has a different user in mind. It's designed to do much of what the Insta360 can do, but the form factor is radically different, and it FOLDS. The folding allows you to bear both sensors forward so that you can do 180 degree forward captures for arguably more immersive VR video (first person perspective VR vs 360 views). Now, it's thicker, and the hemispheres are much farther apart due to the design, so in 360 mode I have to believe it will not perform quite the same, especially at the seams. I wanted to post this though in case anyone was considering a purchase in the near future and would want to be aware of all of their options.

Personally, I will likely pick one up at some point, but that is because I am a massive VR nerd/Zealot and will likely leverage some of the more specialized capabilities. If that were not the case I feel like the One X is still the better camera for the majority of use cases due to the form factor "specific" functionality. In fact I might go as far as to say for THIS specific use case the One X is probably the preferable model to choose. If I pick one up and test it out I will refine that opinion after use.

Source: Engaget
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Insta360 EVO First Look: Is 3D the Future Again?
| Video courtesy of The 360 Guy YouTube Channel
Post 5 IP   flag post
101635 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?