Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Ben ClaremontBushman MonopodGearInsta360 Pro 2Joby Micro TripodRicoh Theta Stand TM1

Video Review: Why this Bushman Monopod is the best for 360º 1-Click Cameras8879

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: BEST 360 MONOPOD YET?! | Video courtesy of Ben Claremont YouTube Channel

Hi All,

In this video review, 360º 1-Click Camera Subject Matter Expect Ben Claremont shows and tells why this Bushman Monopod is the best choice for using a 360º 1-click camera such as the Insta360 One X.

Bonus: Ben also shows and tells about the JOBY Micro Tri-pod (that you would likely want to get too).

Got a better monopod to recommend for shooting with an Insta360 One X or other 360º 1-click camera?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Buy the Bushman Monopod, JOBY Micro Tripod and other 360º 1-Click camera accessories.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Why do people call these things monopods?

Pretty sure it is a tripod, it has 3 legs. It also appears to be priced at $139? Yeah, no.

We use one of these .. 15 bucks

Remove the long handle and replace with a 1/4 20 thumbscrew for another $1.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Expertise

It's a monopod that connects to a mini-tripod with a weight.

Based on watching the video, I like everything that Ben talks about and can appreciate why it is priced accordingly.

The "footprint" is extremely small so you barely see the tripod.

Can you post a screen grab off the nadir (bottom) of a 360º shot with that tripod setup?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
RichardStanton private msg quote post Address this user
This sounds silly but I actually just pop one of the larger sized gorilla pod bases onto my 360 stick and it's been a rock solid replacement for the stock bullet time handle/stabilizer. Plus, it has the added advantage that I can wrap its legs around something or get REALLY weird with the positioning to make the hard to reach spots easier. The stick still gets erased just fine

Quick example
The SECRET of WGAN!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@RichardStanton We Game All Night Shhhhhhhhhhhhssssssssss No longer a secret

Can you post a photo of your gorilla pod base?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
You can sort of see it in the picture, wrapped around the deck railing holding the camera out in front of me I will post a picture of the model and it deployed in a bit. Those cameras are so light the pod is more than strong enough for a solid base. It stayed up for me today in the large gusts we have been experiencing here in the Cali. Mountains the last few days and is only a nduge away from being level on any surface.
Post 6 IP   flag post
SO this is the model I have been using:

https://joby.com/us-en/gorillapod-1k-kit-jb01503-bww/

I get it with the ball head namely because the 360 with the pole is still far under the capacity of the mechanism. As such the extra articulation of the ball lets me lock into a neutral stance very quickly. People forget that these things are articulated at every level even when using as a "tripod" structure. So, to make things move quickly between a up high very tight stance and a all down and dirty sprawl, I am just a little bit of pressure away to get there.

Up high, articulating out at the very base to keep the profile low:

Small push, leaving the "toes" up to go back again easily, the sprawl. This is EXTREMELY stable.

and lastly the Pretzel.. When I need to be minimally invasive in a prime spot. This thing can cling to anything, and the Insta sits up there peering down with no worries whatsoever.

I know I used to laugh at these things with my carbon fiber tripod and really right stuff heads, and frankly, this little thing might not be pretty, but it gets the job done! There is a slightly larger model which I have considered, but you can find this one so cheap just about anywhere it's a hard thing to pass up.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Yeah, like I said... it's a tripod.

Anyway, here is a screenshot of the down angle... looks like part of a knob still shows. Never noticed before! Looks like another $1 thumbscrew is needed.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Oh, and I stand corrected, Dan!! It IS a monopod that mounts on a tripod. So... You have to buy TWO things. Seems silly to me when a 20 tripod (seems like) it will do the job. We've only done a few test scans. I'll let you know how my cheapo solution works.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Expertise

Actually, if you view this link, you will see that the monopod, tripod and weight are sold as a bundle ....

Can you post a nadir (bottom) screen grab within a 360º view rather than the equi-rect view?

thanks,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: How to Create Cinematic Car Shots with Insta360 One X, DIY Camera Car Rig, Bushman monopod review

Hi All,

This video features the Busman monopod.

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

A Related WGAN Forum discussion:

Ben Claremont Video: Top 10 Tips For Professional 360º Virtual Tours

Plus, for your convenience ...

1. "The Claremont" by Bushman
2. Ricoh Theta Stand TM-1
3. Manfrotto Compact Extreme 2-in-1 Monopod & Pole

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

Sorry so late to join this discussion - I use a Ricoh Theta V currently for Zillow 3D Home. I use this insanely inexpensive "tripod" (it's actually a light stand), extending the legs as little as possible.

clickable text

I can usually keep the tripod legs from creeping out of the nadir area this way. Oh, and the attachment at the top is threaded identically to the Theta.

Keith
Post 13 IP   flag post
zacharysmiller private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistrydoc
@DanSmigrod

Sorry so late to join this discussion - I use a Ricoh Theta V currently for Zillow 3D Home. I use this insanely inexpensive "tripod" (it's actually a light stand), extending the legs as little as possible.

clickable text

I can usually keep the tripod legs from creeping out of the nadir area this way. Oh, and the attachment at the top is threaded identically to the Theta.

Keith

Keith, can you plug in the power cord when using your tripod? I use the bushman monopod because the dang battery in the z1 doesn't last long enough for me. I'm always shooting with it plugged into power, however I'd like something more stable that the bushman. I have the older version, which is made for lighter cameras that the z1. There is a new model, and I think its supposed to be beefier, but the price is too high. Especially since I already bought the first version. Thanks for any info.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: CreatorUp

---

Video: BEST 360 VR Travel Monopod for Professionals - Review, Build Guide & Shooting Tips | Video courtesy of CreatorUp YouTube Channel (17 October 2019)

Video: Best 360 Travel Monopod for Pros-Review, Build Guide/Shooting Tips

Hi All,

From the CreatorUp YouTube Channel:

----
Gear List for this build guide: https://www.amazon.com/shop/creatorup

Looking for the best support system for professional 360VR Cameras? Everything you saw so far is for consumers - those suggestions all have high risk of breaking your expensive professional VR Cameras. This is my suggestion and builds guide that can support VR cam like Insta360 Titan, Insta360 Pro 2, Kandao Obsidian, and Z Cam V1 Pro. The guide is with ease to travel in mind and fit in different styles of VR shooting.

This is a build guide from professionals to professionals. Here are what you will learn:

0:00 - Intro
2:23 - my setup - why Nodal Ninja Travel Pole
4:50 - Specs + User Guide
8:32 - Support base system - the build guide
11:33 - Attachments - tips to stay organized on set

----

Source: CreatorUp YouTube Channel

Best,

Dan

P.S. Lots of great tips AND gear recommendations in this video by CreatorUp
Post 15 IP   flag post
101646 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?