Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CompetitionMarketingTips

Why would you want to make friends with your Matterport competitors?8816

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Imagine that you have a Matterport shoot tomorrow and:

✓ your Matterport camera failed today
✓ your flight home is canceled
✓ you accidentally double-booked
✓ you have multiple requests for shoots that can only take place tomorrow (and great clients)
✓ [co-quote on a large job that takes multiple Pros (Yes! That happens!)]
✓ you are sick
✓ [sub-contract work to each other]
✓ [cover for vacations, holidays, weekends]

These are some of the reasons that you want to make friends with your Matterport competitors whom are willing to help you out - and you help them out - when they - you - are in a pickle.

What are you doing to make friends with your Matterport competitors?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

Another reason is to learn from competitors, and have them learn from you so that the overall quality level in the area increases. This can help stabilize pricing and to allow you and the competitor to act as one when low priced competition inevitably creeps in.

KF
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
For regions like India, it's good to have them so that there is proactive inquiries from the buyer when one approaches and also it does influence higher to adopt new way to showcase than traditional images and videos.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
We all benefit from sharing our experiences and helping each other. Let's "raise all boats" and better serve our clients, spreading the public's awareness of walkthrough technology and its quality. As more people love what we do, there will be more work for all of us.

This is fundamental. It's our opportunity to educate one another. My late father-in-law fled Vienna when the Nazi army arrived. He came to the U.S. with one suitcase and not a single word of English. He said, "Nothing is as valuable as education. It is the one thing which cannot be taken from you."
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
I have become a contractor for one of my competitors that has better market penetration than I have.
I get business I would not have got otherwise. If I get a large contract they would also be able to assist me to complete it timeously. I will also get commision if I bring business to them that I would not want to take on myself. We have an agreement in place that prevents us from taking established business from one another. All the points that Dan mentions are valid.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101429 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?