Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceGyroscopeLevelMotor HomeRV

Level?8803

izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
Hello
I shot a tour of a motor home today.
It was not on level ground and they can’t use the leveling jacks because it is a crushed rock surface. So I shot as usual and in preview the panos looked good. But the tour looks crooked. Does the Matterport have a gyroscope? Should I try to level the camera? I can’t release it yet or I would show it. I may try to re-shoot it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I use a small level that I put in my pocket for every shoot.
I am thinking a re-shoot. I hate when good stuff goes wrong.
Post 2 IP   flag post
808virtually private msg quote post Address this user
If you want it to look level you will need to adjust the tilt of the Matterport camera to replicate the level of the RV.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I guess it will be a pain in an *** if a floor itself is not leveled as even with a level you most likely need to level(adjusting legs) on every scan point. The good thing though if it is for a motorhome you need to do only few scans.

As for leveling itself I have a bubble level on my tripod.

I also carry with me a digital device that is similar to the one on the link below https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/82cAAOSw8mpbFjS8/s-l640.jpg

It is actually quite good with angles but so far I have never needed it with Matterport and using my tripod bubble level only.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, I'm about to reveal my biggest MP shooting secrets... three items which changed my life and which work together to dramatically speed up leveling. First is a simple "circular bubble level" which costs just a couple bucks. Search Amazon for that phrase (in quotes) and you'll find many. The other parts came from China, the "KINGJOY LB-60 69mm Speedy Adjustable Leveling Base Panning Level" to which I added on top the "Haoge 64mm Screw Knob Clamp Adapter Mount for Quick Release QR Plate Camera". With simple bubble level fastened to the top, center of my MP camera (double-stick tape), and the Kingjoy mounted to my Bogen tripod with the Haoge clamp adapter to mate with the MP camera base, leveling the MP camera ANYWHERE is a quick easy process. I steady the MP camera body with one hand while loosening the side lever on the Kingjoy. This allows free movement of the MP body in both N-S and E-W leveling simultaneously. I just keep my eye on the bubble level til it's centered, tighten the side lever and - Voila! - I'm ready to shoot. It's one-step speedy leveling, regardless of the tripod legs.

Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I use the Neewer Tripod Leveling Base with a small level bubble I lay on top of the camera and level the camera on every shot. Super quick and easy. Saves a ton of time and headaches.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab from here

Hi All,

Did you know that as WGAN Members suggest gear, WGAN adds them to the ...

WGAN Forum Members Suggest Kit

... and link back to the WGAN Forum discussion where they are mentioned first.

All Gear Kits curated by Dan Smigrod viewable here (or look for the Buy Gear tab above)

✓ Matterport Gear
✓ 360º 1-Click Cameras
✓ 360º 1-Click Camera Accessories
✓ WGAN Forum Members Suggest
✓ WGAN-TV Studio
✓ MEVO Plus and Accessories
✓ Dan Smigrod DSLR 360º Spherical Panorama Kit
✓ VR Viewers
✓ We Get Around Network Swag

Note: these are typically Amazon affiliate links.

Best,

Dan

Screen Grab from here
Post 7 IP   flag post
101421 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?