Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingPricingQuestion of the DaySQFT

Question of the Day: How much hosting do you include with Matterport Tour?8786

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

WGAN Question of the Day for Friday, 22 February 2019:

How much hosting do you include with your Matterport Tour?

A WGAN Member writes me today:

"When you bill [your] Matterport Tour[s], you give them a price of XX per Square Foot (SQ FT). How long is the tour hosted? 6 Months a Year? Forever?"

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I will start off this discussion ...

We Get Around Atlanta creates the Matterport 3D Tour for X per SQ FT and licenses the use of Matterport 3D Tour for X months. Once the license expires, client may pay X more per month.

For residential real estate agents, we typically license the initial use for one year. We have done as long as three years within the original pricing.

I know that there is at least one WGAN Member that charges a one time fee (which implies that the model will be hosted forever). While that likely enables the Pro to beat out other Matterport Service Providers, eventually, that will catch up to the Pro.

It's been a while since I reviewed pricing pages of Matterport Service Providers. I recall that most charge separately for scanning and hosting is sold separately. The advantage of this is that when quoting, a Pro can quote a lower number, knowing that the Client will need to buy hosting separately. Personally, I feel strongly about including X months with a license for the use of the Matterport 3D Tour.

The easiest way to review pricing Matterport Service Providers are the 100 deep links to pricing pages in the Guide to Matterport Service Provider Pricing curated by We Get Around. (When you join the WGAN Forum (free), you automatically receive a Private Message from me that include the password to the Guide: and 50+ other free Benefits simply for joining the free WGAN Forum.)

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I include 6 months free and $10 per additional 6 months. Most properties sell within 6 months, but if they don't I let the client know I appreciate their business and offer the next six months at no charge. I've actually never charged any client additional time for hosting as of yet. Realtors always like and appreciate something for free.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
We include "up to one year" of hosting with the original scan. Then it's $36.00 for additional 6 months or $60.00 per year for hosting. One of our clients is a home builder that had us scan several of their model homes. They use the models to show clients the homes while still in their offices. They also have the models on their website for easy model home viewing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman I have given a real estate free additional hosting for two of their listings. I am not entirely sure they appreciated it. I have not been asked to scan any more properties for them since. (Yes, I stay in contact and ask for the business; they just "never have the right properties at this time" or "they're selling so fast we don need it".
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@JohnLoser Just my opinion, but what does it really cost us to host for an additional year? To my it's insignificant and just good marketing to git it away.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman The cost depends on how many models you have.

If you weren't processing any models and simply had a business plan to have 300 models hosted, then I suppose cost would be $1499 USD/Yr divided by 300 models = $5/model/year (assuming you maxed out at 300). Your costs would be higher if your account wasn't full. And then if you are over your plan's hosting limits it is $19 per every extra 50 models.

Even if you're giving hosting away I think you have to be careful with not warning them of the possibility of having to charge for hosting in future in case Matterport ceases to be in your business interests and you have to find someone else to host, as you're unlikely to find someone to do it for free.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@Queen_City_3D, I hear you, but that's one of the reasons I advertise that only 6 months are free. If Matterport isn't in by business interest, after six months I can still charge them or delete the file.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101704 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?