Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,048 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GeoCVMarketingPricingVersus

If GEOcv charged $1788 a year for unlimited processing who'd jump ship?8775

Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
I for one would add $20 to the cost of my tour packages (to cover the additional labor) and add a 3D tour to all my current package deals (Currently Photo, video and drone video included - starting from $199).

I'd add this with 0 add. profit to keep being the 'best value' tour company in my market area. I already am the best value, but I know I would attract even more clients if I could offer that. This would significantly increase the amount of shoots I do each year thereby increasing my income.

Of course how you would do it is up to you but I'd love to know this:

Who else would jump ship immediately if GEOcv offered unlimited processing for $1788 per year?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
You bet!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
To begin with count me in. But I still look for options with easy or pay as you go for all new jobs from 2nd year onward.

I will be more than happy to pay for the camera system and services separately.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Still waiting on what the HD quality is going to look like, but if it equal to Matterport, I would jump ship ASAP.
Post 4 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Oh yes, I would jump in!

Or monthly 150,00 for 3 models with all the assets included would be a great deal (or 49 per model). In this case I would also pay extra for the camera.

But the current offer is difficult for me. I have a running Matterport business and cannot switch immediately. And the cost for shipment and customs handling make it too expensive to only try for 1 month.

But I have use cases, where GeoCV will make the difference!

And I would really like to offer it to all those clients that can not work with Matterport for several reasons.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
I believe that GEOcv could get all the MSP's to jump ship with an unlimited processing for $1788 per year. Thats why I asked this specific question.

With respect, No need for added commentary if you would pay more.

The reason I say this is because I had a conversation with someone at GEOcv and asked them would they be happy if everyone that owned a Matterport camera that was paying $149 a month switched over to them would they not be happy with all that revenue and give unlimited processing? They answered yes of course they would love that kind of revenue. I told them that I believed that if they did that, that anyone who knew of that offer would jump ship. So this is why I am asking all of you here the simple question:

Would you jump ship in a heartbeat if it was $1788 a year unlimited processing? Yes or No answers on a postcard please (LOL).
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@MeshImages I am in the same boat at this time I am fully invested in Matterport, but also see the possibility of GeoCV. I am happy to see MP bringing new things to the table, so as much as I do complain about MP I am also waiting to see where they are going with there R&D. I would hope more is on the horizon.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@ron0987 Can I take that as a no? Or:

Let me ask it another way, Would you jump ship at $1788 per year as soon as viably possible?
Post 8 IP   flag post
No for now is correct.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@ron0987 so not even a much lower price point would make you switch immediately because you have too much invested in Matterport? Just trying to understand what would motivate you to make the switch now. 😀
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
YES, YES, 1000xs YES!
Post 11 IP   flag post
At a lower price point, it would be extremely enticing and would probably do it.🤔
Post 12 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@ron0987 Thanks so much for your answer. This was my point to them entirely. Pricing is 1st and paramount to driving almost every MSP over to GEOcv that provides tours to Real Estate agents.

Everything else that GEOcv offers that's better than Matterport is secondary. As nice as all that extra all that other stuff is, it doesn't carry any monetary value to the Realtor, the one that ultimately is the paying customer. All that most realtors will see with GEOcv's 3D Tour is one that looks and operates the same as Matterport only with a silver background instead of black.

The cheaper you can offer it to Realtors, the more they will buy it. 15 years in the biz and I can honestly tell you that I know what primarily drives 90% of agents, it's price folks.

The reason why a lot of MSP's say 'we don't want a race to the bottom' is that they don't understand that Realtors are already at the bottom of the price point when it comes to pricing.

So to those MSP's that don't want to sell at the low prices then go after a different market such as commercial spaces such as businesses. When I shoot for builders, my pricing is way higher. Its not because I am greedy, its because they see the value in what I do is really worth and are willing to pay what it is truly worth.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I am not sure why the focus is Realty?
No offense to @hometakes - may be it is natural for you if you are an agency in realty. With that the points must be valid enough though i am not a realty agent but serving them and I see big objection to branding at first go in most cases. So on that line alone GeoCV is a win for me.

Adding to this is the ownership of the content - huge one. Along with realty plenty other sectors holding back by knowing they have nothing delivered with for what they pay. This limits the use of the tech beyond realty where the assets need not be time bond for subscription model. And also confidentiality where the content needs to be protected.

If you look beyond realty GeoCV is the obvious choice (even at similar price that of MP if not lesser) to make even for realty agents so that one can extend the whole scope of applications and earn better.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@kumar The focus on Realty is because that is currently the biggest market for the use of 3D Tours in the U.S. But it's also the lowest paying for a MSP. I spent 4 months in Visakhapatnam in the last year and a half and while I was there looked up properties online. Couldn't find hardly any that had professional photos, never mind a 3D tour. So Im guessing that you shoot for other markets and not Real Estate. If Im wrong on that, would you care to share your portfolio of Matterport tours with me?
Post 15 IP   flag post
@hometakes - Realty in India vs US, there is nothing to compare. As you know large part of the pro business is limited to capital cities and independent house concept is pretty much dead for a common man here. Even the villas (so called) priced sky high but are nowhere comparable to the one in US - neither by definition of it nor the quality/worthy of it. For a buyer it is the LOCALITY and PRICE POINT that drives the sales than anything else.

I am into full time MP tour consultation for past 4-6 months. Realty & Hospitality are still the largest market (relatively) here like elsewhere. Hospitality on more aggressive side. Here again I have clients who wish not to go public with the content - personal preferences. Work space is one more big bubble now and trying my luck. As I come from engineering background I have some efforts put in here too but no luck so far. www.kiyo-tek.com if you were looking for the company profile.
Post 16 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
@MeshImages - I still would love a european replacement for Matterport. But meanwhile maybe the german MSP´s should hardly think about uniting to one "enterprise" account, especially now where large spaces are always charged. Maybe even DACH & BeNeLux together would work?

The main reason for me to switch are Matterport current TOC´s, Legals and all the GDPR/DSVGO violations.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometakes
Who else would jump ship immediately if GEOcv offered unlimited processing for $1788 per year?

I would not. You are missing one point. If I jump to GeoCV my clients(real estate agents and FSBO clients) won't be able to post their tours on two MLS websites in Australia. They both accept Matterport but not GeoCV. And I believe it may be super hard for GeoCV to convince them to accept their tours as a property media.

For this reason I do not believe any australian MSP would want to switch to GeoCV from Matterport.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@wingman Why do they not accept GeoCV?
Post 19 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mori
@MeshImages - I still would love a european replacement for Matterport.

@mori in Berlin we have realities.io - yet with another business case (entertainment) and no accessible hardwaresystem.

But I have to say that Matterport is still an excellent product for some business cases, e.g. if you need fast results.

And there is other business cases where I would prefer GeoCV: e.g. When image rights are important or if we need the geocv player with all the extras (drone exterior, staging etc.).

But for longterm projects (e.g. the public sector) I would personally build my own workflow and solution with the right technical ingredients (scan, photography, render, cad, platform). For this longterm market I would be in to build a new solution with EU funding
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometakes
@wingman Why do they not accept GeoCV?

Each of two major listings websites in Australia are owned by big Australian Mass Media corporations. Two of them together probably share well above 90-95% of market for property listing in Australia. Both websites can and actually charge over $1000 just to have your property listed on them. And that's not even forever, if a property has not been sold within specific amount of days (I believe 45 days) you have to pay a few $100s just to keep it listed there for another specific amount of days. And this is just for a basic listing, for featured some pay over $2000 and even more.

So it is not just about GeoCV, they are just doing what they are pleased to do being monopolists and being backed up by Mass Media they are each owned by. Think of them as some kind of spoiled entity charging ridiculous money for moving a few kilobytes for a property listing over the internet.

I am not even sure how Matterport has made them to accept their virtual tours. They do not even want to implement simple 360 degrees panos for a property listing. Yet they are showing them up on their facebook page.

I must say though that I have dealt only with one of them(the biggest one) directly trying to advertise Matterport services on their pages. It was not pleasant and it was confusing. I have been told to go away with my $500 budget. They want at least $5000 budget just to let you in for display advertisement.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Convrts private msg quote post Address this user
A huge YES!
Post 22 IP   flag post
VisualKusuma private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely Yes
Post 23 IP   flag post
101590 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?