Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentMarketingPricing

How would you reply to this request for Matterport Pricing?8767

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A WGAN Member has reached out to me about Matterport 3D Tour pricing recommendations for a 12,000 SQ FT commercial office space for lease in the Northeast.

Last year this Matterport Service Provider charged the client $0.14 SQ FT. for 7,000 SQ FT. The MSP knows that this year, the Client is asking multiple MSPs for quotes.

How would you reply to this request for Matterport Pricing?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

That's one of those situations where a price per sq ft probably isn't all that meaningful. Take a look at the actual costs (MP uploading fees, etc). Add to that what the person would pay a competent operator per hour to perform the scan. Double that sum. (50% PM on total sales price).

And....be sure to disclaim MPs lack of technical support for a model over 200 scans (in a way that doesn't scare off the client).

KF
Post 2 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod ...I don't think it's any longer just about $X.XX/SF. The ease of use makes it so that anyone can now scan and upload MP content (imagine later this year when more consumer grade 360 cams start factoring in). To compete, there needs to be a unique added value that isn't easy for everyone else to replicate. I predicted this would happen, and now many MSPs might have to start getting used to $0.08/SF or less. Innovate or do something else.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Since we operate in metric system it is hard to guess pricing for sqf. However I tried to convert $0.14 per square foot for 7000 sf and I would be more than happy to do it at this rate.

It looks like US$2880 for the whole job. In AUD it is over $4000. We charge slightly less for private properties so commercial with this area would be cheaper than private.

As for what I would charge I would prefer to see a space first. If it is crowded with things more scans will be needed to get rid of black spots so may be $0.1 per sf is a fair quote. If it has a lot of free spaces it will be $0.08 per sqf or slightly less.

I would also consider time when it can be done. If it is for a business they probably want you to do it after hours or on weekends. That will attract some extra.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Oops sorry, I do not know how it came to $2880. It seems to be US$980 only. Still depends on a space. If it can be done during working hours and not filled with things seems to be quite reasonable quote.
Post 5 IP   flag post
LoudandClear private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Oops sorry, I do not know how it came to $2880. It seems to be US$980 only. Still depends on a space. If it can be done during working hours and not filled with things seems to be quite reasonable quote.

How many hours would you say a job like this would typically take to complete including on site, in post and all the admin?

I still think Matterport is quite expensive vs the alternatives, but landing just a few gigs like this would put one in the black pretty quickly. Then again, my market (north of San Francisco) is not currently very exposed to this tech (ironic for being so near to the tech capital of the planet, I know) and I'm primarily a residential real estate shooter. That's a tough sell. I may never make my money back before that spendy camera becomes old hat.

Also, has it been your experience that clients even know the difference between 3D tour platforms...as in, do they ask for Matterport specifically?

I'm so on the fence about going for Matterport. They seem to have a lot of advantages, but the whole thing about them direct marketing to our clients just disgusts me. Perhaps a silly reason to eschew what's likely the best platform, but that's my speed on it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Chemistrydoc
@Shakoure
@LoudandClear
@Wingman

Thanks for weighing-in (and your comments/questions).

Here is a summary of what I suggestion to the WGAN Member in a phone call earlier in the week:

1. Keep the rate of $0.14 SQ FT: that's what you quoted on your last project with this Client
2. Don't compete on price. You have a trusted Client. Compete on making your competition irrelevant
3. For this commercial space - leasing - help with the leasing will make the competition irrelevant
4. Here are three examples of making the competition irrelevant:

✓ Studeo – visual storytelling with all digital assets: Matterport, photos, video, floor plans, done, text
✓ 2D schematic floor plans from WGAN Premium Members: Blue-Sketch or MP2FP

✓ Offer to provide: .DWG, .RVT, or .SKP (use a 3rd party service to convert the MatterPak to one of these formats). Do not mention the MatterPak to the client. Space planners would find this data file super-helpful in helping make decisions about leasing the space.

How else would you make the competition irrelevant when competing for scanning a commercial space where your Matterport 3D Tour will be used to help lease a space?

Best,
Post 7 IP   flag post
101421 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?