Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdviceProblems

Linking 360 views8706

izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a demo tour I shot.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=7rZeZ6sgoMa

I cannot figure out why a few of the 360 views cannot see each other?

On one side you can see the 360 views and on the other side you can see 2 360 views linking up.

I cannot figure out how to get all the 360 views to see each other.

I have tried moving them around and that worked to see the 2 on the garage side of the house.

And, how do you set the camera position when entering from a 360 outside to inside?

When the tour starts I am outside and then when you click the blue button to enter the camera is tilted up?
Post 1 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
Hi
Try this. In Capture go to 360 views. Then drag the 360 to a position by a door and point it at the door. They won't be physically in the 'correct' position on the map but they will link to the house. If lined up correctly, the blue 'enter' disc will be in front of the door and when you are inside, you will come to the door and see the green 'go to 360' disc in the doorway.
Charles
Post 2 IP   flag post
see this link too
https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/225260768-Include-360ยบ-Views-in-your-Space
Charles
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hello Charles, Yes I looked at all of that. I noticed that when you click from a 360 view to go inside, the orientation of the camera is the same as it was on the 360 view. There does not seem to be a way to go to a different spot than through the Green Puck. I have seen other demos where they have multiple outside views that link up. I am use to working with programs like After Effects where you have very fine control. In the old days I could line up graphics on a pixel basis. This is just frustrating.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
I agree @izoneguy I find it frustrating as well as I don't like the large dots.......I tried to put them where I wanted but the inside dot just wants to stay in the basement....grrr!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Whats weird is that I had a 360 placed where I wanted it and then after editing some other ones the placement of the puck inside had moved and then I could not get it back where I wanted? So I just deleted that view....and the outside 360 scans in sunlight seem to be overexposed. I think next time I will do multiple scans from positions a few feet apart to see if they vary in exposure. I know this part is in Beta....must be the AI matterport brain is overthinking itself.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
Yes I ended up just deleting them...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hi again
Take a look at this.

Small advertising/design company. If you go to the open windows at the balcony, you see the green disc. Do the 360 of the square and you see the blue entry disc under the balcony. For the 360 I was actually about 120ft from the balcony, but in Capture I moved it just outside the balcony. You can see this on the dollhouse. When I moved it, the 360 opened with a large disc and I turned it until the arrow pointed to the balcony.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hello Charles,

Yes I understand how the 360 views work and with just one 360 view it is pretty simple.

I took 360 views all around the house. The problem I was having was getting all the 360 views to look at each other. The 4 in the front and side of the house all see each other. It was views 5 and 6 that would not see 1-4. I did get 5 and 6 to see each other but then I could not get 5's Green puck on a good place inside the house so I deleted that one.

Here is what I finally settled on:

Post 9 IP   flag post
101437 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?