Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
How ToICNY19NodalviewTips

Nodalview: Photos via Wide Angle Lens or Extract Wide Angle View via 360º8678

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Nodalview 360º Tour at 6 Columbus boutique hotel (Queen Deluxe). Tour by We Get Around Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod

Hi All,

With Nodalview, there are two ways to "shoot" 2D photos:

✓ Nodalview wide angle lens
✓ Extract wide angle views via the 360º photo spheres

I recommend extracting photos from the 360º photo spheres (super-easy) instead of using the Nodalview wide angle lens because:

✓ the extracted photos are wider
✓ the extracted photos look better
✓ you can extract multiple photo views from the 360º photo sphere
✓ most control over the photo (zoom in/out)
✓ no need to switch smartphone cases and lens during shoot

Tip: Place the Nodalview "camera" in the spots that makes sense to shoot the 360º tour. Then, place the Nodalview "camera" in the corner of the rooms (and camera lower) to shoot 360ºs that will be used to extract the wide angle views images.

You can see my original test images in this Dropbox. (While I have included the photos in this WGAN Forum post too, WGAN Forum compression may detract some from the original photos.)

Your thoughts?

By the way, I shot these Nodalview images and 360º tour while attending Inman Connect New York (ICNY19) and staying at 6 Columbus boutique hotel (Queen Deluxe).

The images below have NOT been edited (no post processing). I still need to send them to PhotoAndVideoEdits.com to have the images brightened, color corrected and add color saturation. I likely will share the "before" and "after" later in the week.

Best,

Dan

P.S. WGAN 360º Camera Loaner Program includes three Nodalview Kits. Use this form to borrow a Nodalview Kit, if you are a WGAN Basic, Standard or Premium Member. (Private Message me for the password.)

----

Below: wide-angle images extracted from 360º photo spheres shot with a NodalView Kit paired with an iPhone 10XR | Images by We Get Around Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod

Above: wide-angle images extracted from 360º photo spheres shot with a NodalView Kit paired with an iPhone 10XR | Images by We Get Around Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod

Below: wide-angle images from wide-angle lens included in the NodalView Kit paired with an iPhone 10XR | Images by We Get Around Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod

Above: wide-angle images from wide-angle lens included in the NodalView Kit paired with an iPhone 10XR | Images by We Get Around Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod
Post 1 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Dan,

So I was looking at the pricing for NodalView.
At the $59 per month - it says unlimited panos - what does that mean?
Do they host them or do they send you a package so you can host them yourself?
Can you extract the max res pano to use them in other applications?

Thanks
Post 2 IP   flag post
101634 2 2