Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ICNY19MarketingroOomyVirtual Staging

WGAN-TV Matterport 3D Virtual Staging Powered by RoOomy (Coming Soon)8631

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Matterport Strategic Alliance with RoOomy with RoOmy Head of Business Development Taylor Wilding

Hi All,

One of the ways that Matterport may make its competition irrelevant is offer 3rd party integrations on Steroids.

Soon, Matterport will launch 3D Virtual Staging powered by RoOomy (presently in private beta).

Imagine that you shoot Matterport of just built multi-family apartment community without furniture in the various apartment types. Now imagine that these same Matterport 3D Tours are virtually staged: not one photo virtual staged, not one 360º virtual staged, but the Matterport 3D Tour virtual staged.

When you look at a Matterport 3D Tour with this virtually staged experience by RoOomy, it feels like magic. It's that amazing.

In my WGAN-TV interview with RoOomy Head of Business Development Taylor Wilding (above) at Inman Connect New York 2019, Taylor talks about the Matterport strategic alliance with Matterport - first announced 18 December 2017 – and how Matterport Service Providers can make money with RoOomy.com.

For Matterport Service Providers, at least three ways to make money with Matterport 3D Tours virtually staged by RoOomy:

✓ Matterport 3D Tour scanning
✓ Add RoOomy Virtual Staging (make the spread between what you charge and the amount that you pay RoOomy
✓ RoOomy will offer a Reseller Program for Matterport Service Providers.

Best prospects, according to RoOomy are:

✓ multi-family (just built: various apartment or home types)
✓ single family home communities (just built: various home styles)
✓ developers
✓ property management companies

How to Make Money

✓ Showcase every floor plan with virtual staging
✓ Property Managers can show properties where tenants have not yet moved out
✓ Help Property Managers and Developers get more money sooner (pre-leasing)
✓ Evergreen spaces work best (renters do not remodel spaces)

"The collaboration between roOomy and Matterport is due to a growing demand by customers for virtual staging of 3D spaces across industries, in particular within multifamily. Property managers, for example, will be able to use virtual staging instead of physically staging model apartments, allowing renters to easily decide on flooring and furniture upgrades and customizations for multifamily units. Interior designers can more easily work with customers to design living spaces," according to the 18 December 2017 Matterport-RoOomy media release.

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan

P.S. I will reach out to RoOomy to see if we can get some examples to share in this discussion ... I had a chance to view examples at ICNY19 and they are amazing.
Post 1 IP   flag post
PeterWolf private msg quote post Address this user
Any examples that could be seen somewhere in the world-wide-web?
Post 2 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
These samples show an empty dollhouse view and then when you enter it is full of furniture.

https://rooomy.com/rooomy-virtually-staged-matterport-3d-tours
Post 3 IP   flag post
Look at dollhouse and then tour.
Pretty cool.

Post 4 IP   flag post
ahojman private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
Amazing technology and a product/service that I would benefit from...now are we talking March 2019 or Dec 2019 for opening this up to MSP's or is Matterport looking for new and inventive ways to block existing MSP's?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Integratedman

Sooner than later

Not sure I understand ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Integratedman
is Matterport looking for new and inventive ways to block existing MSP's?

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
The small sample space in the demo above has been on Rooomy's site for a good while. If this is in private beta and supposedly approaching reality, haven't they got something more to show? I'm excited about this capability but would love to really believe.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matterport 3D Tour virtually staged by RoOomy. | Matterport-RoOomy 3D Tour courtesy of RoOomy.

@Home3D

Here are more examples from RoOomy (mashed up with Matterport) (above and three below within one link).

It's pretty remarkable stuff.

Azure Apartments (three examples in the wild) in the Media Gallery section

Best,

Dan

P.S. Note: When you (all) begin using this solution, I encourage you to include disclaimer wording such as: Virtual Staged. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. If it was me, I would not want to mislead anyone that the space viewed actually exists, as presented.
Post 9 IP   flag post
ahojman private msg quote post Address this user
The result is great!
It is always good to know how many hours we need to obtain those results.

Matterport's Custom VR was great (my opinion), but it disappeared.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
P.S. Note: When you (all) begin using this solution, I encourage you to include disclaimer wording such as: Virtual Staged. I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advice. If it was me, I would not want to mislead anyone that the space viewed actually exists, as presented.

Hi All,

A representative of RoOomy replied to my P.S. with the following:

"Saw your comment on the thread with regards to disclaimers. While encourage, I can assure you that we are not altering any “real property”. Therefore, there is no concern about misrepresentation."

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

While exhibiting at a real estate event in Atlanta yesterday (Wednesday, 6 February 2019), I visited with a real estate agent that works for a home builder (300+ homes a year: mostly in the greater Atlanta area).

I shared a RoOomy virtual staging example (above) and he immediately could see how this could help his company sell homes faster (and save money on real furniture virtual staging).

While I typically do not show what I can not offer immediately (particularly without knowing pricing), I did want some insight. While the agent is not the decision maker, he is likely a cheerleader to help get me in the door to meet with those that can make a decision.

We're eager to be able to offer this Matterport-RoOomy mashup, when available.

Have you shared an example with a potential client? What's their reaction?

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

You MUST look at the Matterport-RoOomy examples above.

Your thoughts of how you might leverage this 3D virtual staging solution that leverages your Matterport scanning?

Best,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
@DanSmigrod - I agree this is a dynamic and impressive add-on to MP. The small question is time to have RoOomy staging added to a scan. the BIG question is cost. Looking forward to the details.

But thanks for these Azure examples. Dan, can these examples might be downloaded into MP Showcase app to demo for clients offline? I'm usually in range of cellular data, but often not Wifi and this can turn a demo into mud-on-the-face. Thanks if you have any tips, or maybe an answer from RoOomy.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Yes - I shared this example with a huge Property consultant firm who has hundreds of properties across the US. I have been in contact with Rooomy but have not heard back how we can proceed. I am reluctant to share with Rooomy any details for obvious reasons. I am not sure how to proceed with this technology since Rooomy is not sharing details on cost, etc....

Rooomy is in a private beta mode. Does that mean they are partners with Matterport?

And I wonder how any individual Matterport shooter can Matter?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Will Matterport control this technology with Rooomy and shut out individual MSP’s? I am still waiting for a reply from Rooomy.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Only way this will be successful if we can do the staging ourselves through Rooomy. If they are going to charge that good luck with your model, will not succeed. Cheaper to just stage panoramas and add into the tour. Feels like they are going the route Archoligic took and proved themselves out of the market. Have so much work for them , but the pricing makes no sense at all. Also if they don’t allow you o place your own bespoke 3D furniture of fixtures it will just be useful for the rental market and maybe off plan show villas or apartments.

But lets see we have waited long enough for this. So lets see how they are going to structure this and look after the MP’s or the end user.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
New! Sponsored roOomy Virtually Staged Matterport 3D Tours

Target and reach highly motivated audiences when you sponsor roOomy Virtually Staged Matterport 3D Tours with our Real Estate partners. Ask your roOomy sales representative how to capitalize on this opportunity, too!

So what does this mean ?
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
Dan, can these examples might be downloaded into MP Showcase app to demo for clients offline? I'm usually in range of cellular data, but often not Wifi and this can turn a demo into mud-on-the-face. Thanks if you have any tips, or maybe an answer from RoOomy.

@Home3D

Yes. Please see WGAN Forum discussion:

Tip: How to Add a RoOomy Tour to Matterport Showcase App (Offline Viewing)

Dan
Post 19 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
Looks good.

Key questions will be:

- price
- Timings
- interior design spec process
- change requests

Will watch with anticipation...
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

"Redfin employs a San Jose, Calif., company called RoOomy to virtually stage vacant listings – right down to the digital knicknacks..."

Source: The Wall Street Tour, Tuesday, 6 March 2019, page B1 | "Property Listings Get Virtual Fix-Ups"

While this article does not discuss RoOomy's 3D renderings with Matterport, I could imagine that Redfin is already piloting Matterport + RoOomy 3D Virtual Staging Tours.

Dan
Post 21 IP   flag post
Heh, it sure would be nice if MSP's could have access to this....

I am still waiting for Rooomy to respond to my request...

I have an opportunity with a national wide property management company, unless matterport & Rooomy are already there...
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Interesting if Redfin is trying to keep MP and Rooomy only for use on REDFIN-listed homes on their site, prohibiting MP models on non-Redfin listings pulled from the MLS, in order to encourage people to list with Redfin. Would be smart move, though dependent on the ignorance of buyer/consumers.
Post 23 IP   flag post
GFHoge private msg quote post Address this user
Would like to know when there is an update. Seems like this has been going on longer than I have had my camera 2017!
Is there another platform to get this done? Even if it looks "rough" it is better than nothing to show my properties staged, and builders models.
Is there a solution, for instance, for the Theta 360 to be staged? Buyers can't imaging how rooms or spaces are to be used without some assistance.
Seems like MP is using it's MSP's as last to know. That is unfortunate because they have a built in fan base in us and they are ignoring us for "private label"?
Instead of integrating different platforms, why not make the 3D space unique or someone like GeoCV will and MP will be wondering what happened.
JS
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GFHoge

Blue-Sketch can virtual stage a 360º photo sphere...

Blue-Sketch Digital 360 Walk Through

As a WGAN Standard Member, you save 10 percent on their services.

Best,

Dan
Post 25 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
I know for a fact the Matterport is already using it for their Multifamily program. It would seem that they want to keep it for themselves.
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @3SixtyNow
I know for a fact the Matterport is already using it for their Multifamily program. It would seem that they want to keep it for themselves.

Still in beta. "Coming Soon"

Dan
Post 27 IP   flag post
101421 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?