Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture V3.0 BetaICNY19Insta360 Pro 2Ricoh Theta V

Matterport VP Mark Tepper on Why Camera Agnostic is Good for MSPs8596

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Matterport Vice President of Sales and Business Development Mark Tepper in this WGAN-TV interview today (Thursday, 31 January 2019) on the exhibit floor at Inman Connect New York 2019 (ICNY2019).

Hi All,

The democratization of Matterport - camera agnostic - "raises all boats" says Matterport Vice President of Sales and Business Development Mark Tepper in this WGAN-TV interview today (Thursday, 31 January 2019) on the exhibit floor at Inman Connect New York 2019 (ICNY2019).

Mark outlines why the announcement at ICNY2019 about the first wave of under $500 cameras to be seamlessly integrated with Matterport Capture - Insta360 One X and Ricoh Theta V - is good news for Matterport Service Providers.

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
The democratisation of 3D will hit the ‘cheaper/faster/better’ conundrum.

I always explain to clients who say they want ‘cheaper, faster, better’ is ‘pick 2 and forfeit the 3rd’.

If you want it cheaper and faster then it won’t be great!

If you want the best, and cheapest, then it won’t be delivered fast. Etc etc.

As MSP we should not lower the price of our deliverable but rise above this democratisation of 3D and celebrate in the fact that we have invested in quality and deliver a no. solution.

It’s not what you capture but how you capture aswell.

If anything, MSP stands for ‘Matterport Solution Professional’.

It has been a bitter/sweet ride so far.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@angusnorriss ...In PRINCIPLE, I agree with you 1000%. In PRACTICE, however, I don't think it's news that MSPs will celebrate. While prospective clients now have the option of getting cheaper/faster VTs on their own, there still is little-to-no incentive for them to pay freelancers for higher quality scanning (which btw has been a not-so-hot option for them for a few years now). Prospects that were on the fence on whether to hire MSPs to scan their space will now have an even better excuse not to hire an MSP... DIY via consumer grade 360 cameras. Unfortunately, that actually makes sense!

I didn't see any specific logic or formula from Matterport's VP of Sales that demonstrates how making their platform cheaper, easier, and more widely accessible to consumer-level buyers makes any good news for MSPs. Perhaps they expect MSPs to reduce pricing by half?

Bottomline, MP's corporate interest is not vested in MSPs using Pro2s to scan for more clients, especially since they now have become less hardware focused and more of an SaaS company. Eventually, the consumer grade cams will also be as good as the current MP Pro cams. Hence... make your future-proof adjustments now.
Post 3 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
I agree whole heatedly with @Shakoure when it comes to real estate agents or home owners parting with their hard earned cash they'll away look for the cheapest solution. If a real estate agent can shoot a whole house in 30 min and save $150 you tell me what would you do. After 3 houses you've paid for your camera.

VT's have almost become a commodity and with the advent of MP's (I have to add fantastic solution) 360 camera app this truly brings VT production to the common man or woman. Yes it will open up the market as Mark Tepper stated in areas which MSP's have tried but failed due to price. The question now facing MSP's do they want to go down the route of offering VT's for $50 at the most a home. I know this MSP does not.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
Damn right.

I’d like to know which MSPs exactly spoke with Tepper. Mr Beloney probably.

Matterport are becoming a cloud platform and snapping up low barrier entry cameras which can do dollhouse and 360 magic. It seems they are happy to render low quality to claim some status one day in a press release which says ‘we’ve scanned the world in 3D’.

I’m a Pro2 operator. I actually bought another camera yesterday.

I refuse to serve poor quality when the world can be captured beautifully.

You can’t drive a hire car on a F1 track. And you can’t capture or wow potential homeowners of a luxury £2m house with a Theta or Insta360. Do the house justice pls!

Matterport have poured water into the oil of MSPs. We will rise to the surface. There are now layers of delivery quality. Fact.

I’ll eat my hat though if proved wrong and well done if you do.

I’m staying high-end.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101428 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?