Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ImagesMuseumsTinyPic.comVideo

Mattertag Video and Images8549

CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
Hi
Unsure on best way of adding media to Mattertags.

I have posted images to a 'hidden' page on my website and that seems to work ok.
I tried adding a video to the page on my website and linking to that but couldn't get it to work.
So then I tried YouTube but it was not ideal. Especially when it adds recommendations at the end. Managed to get rid of that with a small bit of code on the end of the uRL.

Images also seem to be a slight issue. Too small and they are blurred if expanded. Too big and they take too long to load.

What do you find as the best way of getting good quality images and video into your Mattertags without advertising links etc

Thanks
Charles
Post 1 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
@CharlesHH

I use tinypic.com to host the images and it works great. It serves the images very fast and it is free to use.

A good alternative to Youtube is Vimeo. It lets you control everything about the player and doesn't show related videos at the end unless you want it to. You can also add a "call to action" at the end of the video and you can control who can embed the video so that you can protect your or your customer's property.

There is a subscription charge for Vimeo and technically you will need the "Business" membership for some of those features and to use the videos in your for sale products.......if they catch you. I didn't realize that until some patent enforcement company from Germany claimed that one of my videos was in violation of a copyright. It wasn't, so they put it back up, but Vimeo informed me that I needed the business plan.
Post 2 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
@Richierichks

Thank you for that advice.

I had a look at TinyPic. My concern with using them is that the photo content is coming from my client and was taken by a professional photographer. By posting there, they say that they have the right to distribute, sell, use etc any content posted.

Interesting about the Vimeo as prices for each program increase rapidly. A Euro is currently 0.87 of a US$
€6/month Plus
€16/month Pro
€40/month Business

In the FAQs, it states that commercial content can be uploaded under the Pro and Business plans.
So Pro would seem to be my best bet, rather than Business which you were asked to buy. Or was there a reason you had to go business?
Perhaps PLUS is enough for just Mattertags?
Post 3 IP   flag post
101435 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?