Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BlacklistedMatterport Links

Anyone else experiencing blacklisted Matterport spaces when emailing?8535

annevanzwol private msg quote post Address this user
Lately my emails containing Matterport links are blocked as SPAM. My ISP indicated that Matterport is blacklised on multiple lists.

I have filed a support ticket but maybe someone here knows a solution.
Post 1 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
The Matterport links are very long which may not help.
One option could be to try a URL shortener like https://bitly.com
Or link your client to a landing page on your web site where they can pick up their link.
Post 2 IP   flag post
GetABetterSite private msg quote post Address this user
@annevanzwol What SMTP server are you sending these emails from? Is it from a custom hosting server? From Gmail? From Yahoo Mail? What IP that mail is sent from and the reputation of that IP plays a big factor in what gets sent to spam. There are a lot of other factors that play into emails getting sent to spam but that is one of the biggest factors. This article explains a lot of reasons why your email might be going to spam outside of that. It applies mostly to email marketers but can be helpful outside of that as well. Also if this is an ISP filter then a way to get around that is a VPN. If it is a big enough issue for you VPN's are inexpensive and useful for keeping your data and web traffic secure outside of helping avoid ISP spam filters. This is the VPN I personally use for security purposes. Hopefully this helps.
Post 3 IP   flag post
annevanzwol private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetABetterSite
@annevanzwol What SMTP server are you sending these emails from? Is it from a custom hosting server? From ... Hopefully this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesHH
The Matterport links are very long which may not help.
One option could be to try a URL shortener like https://bitly.com
Or link your client to a landing page on your web site where they can pick up their link.

Thank you for your replies. My ISP indicated the problem is Matterport.com being blacklisted on multiple list. Without the Matterport link I do not have any problems.

Using bitly seems to solve the issue
Post 4 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport.com is listed on multiple RBL lists used by mail services to filter spam. It's listed on our Baracudda spam filter, so I had to manually whitelist them so I can even receive emails from them at all.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101636 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?