Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSV

Google Street View Lifetime Ban8453

leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,

Happy New Year.

A first for me, I've had a realtor request I publish their model to Google Street View.

Apparently, Google only allows eligible businesses and not residential properties to be published? It is not permitted to do so because we're then allowing the public access to the interior of a 'private residence' which is illegal according to Google. Google will likely issue me with a lifetime ban?

Can anyone confirm please?

Thanks.
Lee
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure how likely it is to get banned, but you are correct that you are providing public access to the interior of a private residence,which is a stated violation of Google Street View. Don't do it!

I publish a number of vacation rental property interiors, but only after insuring that the property is classified accordingly (lodging or similar).

My 2 centavos - I may be wrong.....

Keith
Post 2 IP   flag post
HugoPerez private msg quote post Address this user
[Google Translate via @DanSmigrod]

Hello I have the same concern. If there is a construction company that made a building of 50 apartments. I sell 40 of them but I still have to sell 10 units. Can I put that real estate project in GVS and unpublish it when they finish selling all the apartments or units? ?Thank you.

--

Hola Yo tengo la misma inquietud.Si hay una constructora que hizo un edificio de 50 apartamentos.Vendio 40 de ellos pero le falta vender 10 unidades,Puedo poner ese proyecto inmobiliario en GVS y despublicarlo cuando terminen de vender todos los apartamentos o unidades???Gracias.
Post 3 IP   flag post
TakedaSan private msg quote post Address this user
Hello @leeverdon , yes they can exclude you from the program. It can take a long time for it to happen because the volume of the photos published to the system, but they can do so, because you cannot put any private residence on the GSV project. And anyone can denunciate you about it. So, take care.

And Hi @HugoPerez , you can put a decorated apartment if in the future it will be destroyed and not used for living. Construction companies usually build a decorated apartment just for sales purpose and in this case there is no problem because nobody will live on it on the future and you will not have any privacy problems in the future. As in the case you mentioned, it seems that this project has 10 units for living, so you cannot put them on this program.

Any doubt you can ask me.

Jefferson Takeda
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hi,Jefferson and friends.But,my question is if the construttion company have 10 more apartaments to sell,can i publish these proyect with the units than they dont sell yet??and when they finish to sell these last 10 units, i will unpublish the proyect.Can i do it that way?? Thanks for your answer Jefferson.Have a great year!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hi @HugoPerez, this is a message the SV team sent for the Trusteds a while:

Private residences are totally forbidden, including decorated houses (lease, rent or sale) and model houses that can become private residences.

As they will become private residences in the future, you can't do that. Otherwise, there would be no problem, as I told you.

It's for privacy purposes. Remember that you are the one who will respond legally in cases of invasion of privacy not Google. I hope I've helped.

Here is another place I found a similar information:

[via Google Translate by @Dan Smigrod]

Under no circumstances should you post photos or videos taken from inside private residences

En ninguna circunstancia, debes publicar fotos o videos tomados desde el interior de residencias privadas
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
If the 'apartments' that you are shooting have a CID for the name of the apartment community, then they are all a part of that community.

I would recommend only publishing unique floorplans, and doing so as one tour, using the elevator tool to show each on a separate floor for good navigation.

If the apartments have community amenities, then this would serve as a natural 'first floor'.

LCP360 is one of the largest GSV Agencies, and the authors of Panoskin. They've been on WGAN Live at 5 and have participated in the forums.

Multi-family living is one of their largest focuses, as is mine.

If you have any concerns about being banned whatsoever, then you may consider setting up a second account and publishing your apartment tours with it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
ok Takeda.That is very clear.I will follow the rules.Thanks for your help Takeda,Have a great day an d happy new year!!!Thanks,and thanks to the Bible of these industry Dan S.for the chaance to comunicate us for these channel!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360, @TakedaSan

I have a bit of a unique situation - maybe one of you could weigh in. I shoot a lot of what look like private homes on the Gulf Coast. In actual fact, they are vacation rentals and will never be used as a "private residence". Each typically has its own Google Listing, and these usually are classified as "Lodging" or "Vacation Rental Business" on Google Business / Maps / GSV.

OK to publish these??

Thanks in advance -

Keith
Post 9 IP   flag post
Hi @Chemistrydoc, as you said, they will never be used as a "private residence". They are used to serve as a kind of business. So in this case, I think there is no problem.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@TakedaSan Quote:
Originally Posted by TakedaSan
Private residences are totally forbidden, including decorated houses (lease, rent or sale) and model houses that can become private residences.

Thank you for clarifying model homes! I think about it every time I shoot a new home community. not anymore. Don't want that one biting in the butt in a year or two when someone moves in.
Post 11 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone that is publishing to Google Street View needs to read Google's policies. They are posted, I have shared links to them on MOUG.

There are two questions that are asked in this thread and two different Google services needed to answer the queries.

The first from Google Street View and photo/video policies.

Privacy Policy -
"You should not under any circumstances publish photos or videos taken from the interior of private residences or from any other publicly inaccessible locations or no photo zones. Photos and videos from other private locations should not be published without the owner’s consent."

Now if you do publish photospheres to GSV, of the interior of a private residence, NO ONE is going to know. And it makes no sense to do, as there is not a business listing associated with the photosphere, so no one will ever find and view them. It's a waste of time so put your content somewhere where people will find and view. And when you forgot to take them down or actually remove and then there is glitch and the photospheres mysteriously return in 5 years, you can figure out how to explain this to your lawyer as the sheriff removes the contents of your life are as they are auctioned off to pay the judgment against you.

Now onto @Chemistrydoc and vacation rentals. These fall under the Google My Business policies. And unless they meet certain criteria, the do not qualify for a business listing. Further, if the same website and phone number is used for the vacation rentals, they could be qualified as spam, and that may send you straight to Google Jail. There are active spam fighters in the Google Maps community, and they could care less about a residence on GSV, but add Spam to the Map, and they will catch you sooner or later.

What's not allowed in GMB?

Ineligible businesses

The following businesses aren’t eligible for a business listing:

Rental or for-sale properties such as vacation homes, model homes, or vacant apartments. Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification.

Website and phone
Provide a phone number that connects to your individual business location as directly as possible, or provide one website that represents your individual business location.

Use a local phone number instead of central, call center helpline number whenever possible.
Do not provide phone numbers or URLs that redirect or "refer" users to landing pages or phone numbers other than those of the actual business, including pages created on social media sites.
The phone number must be under the direct control of the business.
Additional phone numbers can be used on Google My Business websites and other local surfaces.

Business hours

Provide your regular customer-facing hours of operation. If applicable, you may use your current seasonal hours as your regular hours. You may also specify special hours for particular days, like holidays or special events.

The quick sniff test for vacation lodging is do you have in-person check-in and posted hours that the office is staffed? Now you could have a cabins arraigned around a central office to offer check-in, or the more traditional B&B, but random vacation rentals, that site alone, and do not have posted open hours, are not permitted to have GMB business listings.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Hi, @TrustedPhotoDC. I didn't know about this detail on GMB. Thanks for sharing!
Post 13 IP   flag post
[google translate via @DanSmigrod]

Good day. Taking advantage of GSV topics:
Someone knows why when I do the search for one of my GVS tours in the GVS app, I can see the small VR3D logo on the right side of my screen. Why do not I see the same VR3D logo when I search on GOOGLE? ? Thanks for any response

Buen dia.Aprovechando temas sobre GSV:
Alguien sabe por que cuando hago la busqueda de uno mis GVS tours en la app de GVS,puedo ver el pequeño logo de VR3D en la parte derecha arriba de mi pantalla.Por que no veo el mismo logo VR3D cuando hago la busqueda por GOOGLE?? Gracias por alguna respuesta.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101636 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?