Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentMarketingTips

Tip: Market Matterport to Agents that Pay for Pro Photos8401

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

"Don't bother trying to market to agents that don’t currently pay for pro photos. They just don't get it and never will, no matter how many stats you give them," says PhotoAndvideoEdits.com Founder Colin Forte ( whom also has a Matterport Service Provider business - @Hometakes - in West Palm Beach, FL. )

"I spent two wasted years of doing presentations to groups of Realtors at morning meetings. They all said that they loved it but the only ones that ordered were the ones that were already spending money on Pro photos with someone else," added Colin in an email to me seeking tips for Matterport Service Providers.

What do you think? Is that your experience too?

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
Absolutely agree.....impossible to get it through their heads when they are happy with their cell phone photos!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
An agent selling a $1M home in L.A. at a 2.5% commission takes home a gross of $25,000, less brokerage split and marketing costs. There's nothing they can do about the split, but they do have control over NOT spending money on marketing. In my experience, that is the driving force for 95% of agents.

I'm a broken record here (having said the same thing on another recent post) but think of a local restaurant. If no one walks in for a month asking for a Coke, the restaurant is going to stop buying Coke. If people want twice as much Coke for a month, the restaurant is going to buy more to avoid losing sales.

Those 95% agents will use Matterport (and other image services) only when SELLERS demand them as part of signing a listing. Right now, 80%+ of sellers have never heard of Matterport and other walkthroughs so they still think a few muddy snapshots are fine.

Matterport's and Realtor.com's major investor Newscorp should demand that Realtor.com brag, on their landing page and on broadcast TV and internet adds, that Realtor.com is the largest real estate portal at which homes are presented with breakthrough Matterport 3D technology. If the public becomes aware, agents will be asked about it, and when agents lose listings to more progressive competitors who engage with MP and other walkthrough systems, the laggards will see the light.

This is why Matterport's, Realtor.com's and Newscorp's marketing money should be directed at the general public, neither agents nor photographers.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D I totally agree. When I started offering Matterport I had 3 close friends that were realtors. Thought for sure they would love what I had to offer and would keep me busy. I did a free scan for each to get the ball rolling and that was it. They loved the work and so did the clients, but couldn't imagine actually paying for the service. In their words, why spend any money on this when they knew the house would sell either way. To them it would be throwing money away. I believe that is the opinion of 95%+ realtors.

The demand has to come from the consumer for Matterport to truly evolve into a must have product. By the time that happens we'll probably be dealing with holograms.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Dan,
So how do we mobilize ALL the MSPs in the U.S. to scream at MP, Realtor and parent investor Newscorp to invest in a major CONSUMER advertising campaign for mainstream visibility?

Do we join the French "Gilets Jaunes" by donning yellow vests?

Or do we, enmasse, join hands and tell them we're all going to switch to Cupix or (scarier yet) Zillow 3D Home, if they don't?

It's not perfect, but here's the (free) Zillow option:
https://www.zillow.com/view-3d-home/d1e1ea6d-6be5-43b8-a5b2-4fa2ae85db44

Don't misunderstand me. I think Matterport is brilliant. I'm saying this because I DON'T want to see it fail, I want it to stay ahead and win the format wars. Betamax was superior, but VHS won out because it was cheaper and the news spread with consumers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddYZITaxlTQ
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe a good start would be to give all forum members the best contact info, regarding this matter, for MP, Realtor and Newscorp and let us start flooding them with our concerns and requests.

I would want to make sure I was contacting the right person or department for each entity.
Post 6 IP   flag post
michaelr private msg quote post Address this user
I agree that something has to be done from a marketing perspective all the agents i have been speaking to love the tech and experience but told me that virtual tours seem to be taking a backseat on all the marketing platforms
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Home3D
Dan,
So how do we mobilize ALL the MSPs in the U.S. to scream at MP, Realtor and parent investor Newscorp to invest in a major CONSUMER advertising campaign for mainstream visibility?

Yes. This seems so obvious (to all of us) and we all have been posting about this for 4+ years. (example)

Let me give some thought to how best to motivate Matterport to invest $$$$$ in marketing to homeowners to get them to ask a real estate agents for Matterport. This is how exponential growth can be achieved and raise all boats.

In the mean time, WGAN teamed up with MediaBumpers to create this video targeting homeowners. WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members get the free use of this video customized with their contact info and logo.

Are these the messaging points to homeowners that are thinking about selling their home?

It's one video with two different talent options ....

Dan

MB18 - 24/7 Open House Bundle FREE to YOU! - Talent 1

MB19 - 24/7 Open House Bundle FREE to YOU! - Talent 2

Related WGAN Forum discussions:

How Matterport can sell more Matterport cameras, processing and hosting
Matterport Marketing: Selling More Cameras
Create Demand: Matterport Targeting Sellers?
Direct to Seller Marketing Idea.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101421 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?