Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CeilingsMeasurements

Matterport measurements8302

JavieB private msg quote post Address this user
Hi.

Is possible after a complete space capture with the Matterport , obtain the square meters of walls, ceilings and floors ?

Many tanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Miguelea private msg quote post Address this user
Directly from matterport no. But you can order 2d Floorplan service and all can be summed up. For example I am doing this output from matterport and all can be calculated.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Miguelea
Many thanks, Miguelea.
I know this but what a really need are the measures resulted. Per example, a huge building with 4 uneven floors fully scanned. How many square meters of walls it have? it’s a very good information to estimate the painter costs.
Post 3 IP   flag post
xavierchardon private msg quote post Address this user
https://howner.com/v/services
Post 4 IP   flag post
@xavierchardon
I miss something about my question in that link.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Montreal3D private msg quote post Address this user
Following Matterport Semantic Patent, one would think they will find a way to provide such valuable information soon. You can estimate the size using point cloud and autocad calculating perimeter X height.
Post 6 IP   flag post
xavierchardon private msg quote post Address this user
Howner has a free service to measure the surface of a model.

Walls are not included, neither cupboards but you can mesure room per room.

You can get an approximate of the surface of the ceiling and floor but not walls.

get
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Montreal3D

I think as you, it should be not to difficult for Matterport to calculate it. Let’s see because it’s a very interesting information.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@xavierchardon
Ok, I understand now. Many thanks for the info
Post 9 IP   flag post
Charlotte, NC
3dvrwalkthrough private msg quote post Address this user
What you are looking for is an as built type drawing. This type of drawing done in CAD is used for remodeling homes. It will show room sizes, ceiling heights, window and sink centers, door sizes, window sizes etc. Anything an architect would need to draw new plans.

I have developed a process using the Matterport scan to derive and accurate and usable drawing and also produce a DWG file for whoever is doing the designing to upload into Auto Cad to create the new plan.

Accuracy from Matterport is a .1 of an inch or less which is spot on, youcan hage that type of variance with a hand held laser pending where you place it on the wall.

Anyone needing this type of help, please pm me
Post 10 IP   flag post
101429 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?