Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Image EditingImagesMuseums

Mattertag image update (hosting)8291

imad private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

I embedded an image (hosted on my website) into a mattertag to show on object with its price on it, however i edited the image to update the price (maintained the same link and file name), but surprisingly after reloading the showcase it still shows the old image (old price).

However after reading about the subject i found that our images (no matter where we host them) gets copied to embed.ly and then mattertags links to that image on embed.ly. so when i change the picture on my website that i originally linked to, that change doesn't reflect on the showcase.

My question is: IS THAT RIGHT?

Note: i'm sure many have been through this but i want to make sure that i got this write and leave this post as a clear reference about the subject.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
What’s the link?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radie842
What’s the link?
Regardless of the Tour itself, i'm talking about something in general which applies to all tours.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@imad Could you just delete the existing Mattertag and create a new one in the same spot with the updated image file?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Update: after 24 hours and without changing a thing, the media has been updated to the new image.

Looks like matterport is caching images and those media links gets updated periodically rather than instantly.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Fun fact. If you use DropBox and embed an image with ?raw=1 at the end, after 24 hours, it's updated with a direct link to the image that is then broken because the URL is not a fixed thing.

It's all embed.ly's fault and their doing, not Matterport's beyond them using embed.ly.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101641 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?