Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceOculusOculus Go VR HeadsetVirtual Reality

Will Matterport support Oculus for the 360 VR Experience?8222

fear_knight private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,
Just registered to this amazing forum. As I have looked around for a while before registering, I wanted to ask a few quick questions to the experts here and be able to inspire/benefit for the others.

1) As far as I searched and contacted to Matterport, their systems can be viewed in Samsung Gear VR, Cardboard and Daydream. A while ago I heard they made a talk with Oculus for their
systems to be viewed in Oculus devices. Are their system now viewable with Oculus Go or any other standalone VR device?

2) I learned that Transported can merge the 360 images and allow it to be viewed in Virtual Reality Devices such as Oculus Go. But Cupix is one of the most preferred system for merging. I have seen that many people recommend Cupix in most of the posts but is Cupix available with the VR feature yet? If not, please suggest a solution to view the 360 recorded images in VR devices specially in standalone VR devices such as Oculus Go.

3) With any of those platforms, is it possible to mirror the screen of the VR to TV/Pc screen and allow someone to guide the movements to the VR viewer?

Looking forward for the replies
- Ahmet
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
You are asking the right questions and I wish Matterport was better at their job but you can view the tours in a Headset but do NOT get confused with a Virtual Tour. The true VR or Virtual Reality can not be seen with these tours as that is a whole different animal and I know cause I own Matterport gear and VR systems. Now you can only see a 360 photo on the VR headsets and yes with the right program you can mirror what they are seeing.
Hope this helps...

Last thought... One day Matterport will catch up but maybe not before someone else beats them to it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@fear_knight

Welcome to the WGAN Forum and thank you for your kind words about the Members.

In the beginning, Matterport began with a Virtual Reality (VR) experience on Samsung Gear VR. When a space was scanned densely, it was possible for the VR experience to be stereoscopic.

While it was way cool, my impression was that the conversion process was done manually - or semi-manually by a senior tech at Matterport. That meant it cost $$$$$ to pay for a conversion and the conversion might take 1-3 weeks to complete. Plus, some users experiences motion-sickness.

Then, a Member of the WGAN Forum Community launched MP2SV. Within 24 hours - and for a small amount of money - MP2SV would convert Matterport Spaces to VR in less than 24 hours. While the VP tours were not stereoscopic and the transitions where fade out/in to black between scans (panoramas), it did not result in motion-sickness.

My impression is that Matterport concluded that they could automate the MP2SV process - which they did within a year - resulting in MP2SV halting offering the service. While Matterport said they would charge for this VR service ( "CoreVR" ), they didn't. It's still free.

My impression is that Matterport concluded that it was more important to "check the box" for a VR experience that was affordable (Google Cardboard, DayDream, Samsung GearVR) and could be automated than pursue higher-end, labor-intensive VR implementations (Oculus).

Now that there is a wireless version of Oculus (Oculus Go), I could imagine that Matterport will support this device, though I have not heard/read anything on this topic.

Does that cover the Matterport VR topic for you?

I will write more later on your other questions.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@fear_knight

Yes. CUPIX offers a VR experience of CUPIX 3D Tours ...

Source: CUPIX Support

Source: CUPIX Support

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @fear_knight
3) With any of those platforms, is it possible to mirror the screen of the VR to TV/Pc screen and allow someone to guide the movements to the VR viewer?

Related WGAN Forum discussions:

Creating a split-screen video from VR
Display vr on a screen
Display the VR content on a TV
View matterport in VR and watch on a screen?
✓ VR remote for device in headset?

Related (Suggested by WGAN Forum Members in the WGAN Forum discussions above)

Stream your Gear VR experience to your TV using Chromecast
How to Cast Your Smartphone’s VR Experience to Your TV
Gear VR now supports Chromecast: Here's how to stream VR to your TV

Does the above cover your question?

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101641 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?