Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AnalysisCommentaryMarketingReferral Program

Thought-Starters-Growing Demand for 3D Tours813

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
NYTimes to Bundle 1 Million+ Google Cardboards for VR Photojournalism http://flip.it/k4qGd
Post 26 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I wish Matterport would have been able to take advantage of the mass distribution of Google Cardboard on the NYTimes. This kind of opportunities are scheduled well ahead of time, and they are properly leveraged by social marketers and YouTubers.

As an iPhone owner, I hope one day to demo VR tours using my preferred device and inexpensive goggles that I can leave behind to the client. While the specs might not necessarily match the Samsung Note, the reach of Apple devices will bring other benefits to the table.
Post 27 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
I love my Gear VR, though a "Google Plastic" with foam and head straps that fits various different phones would certainly help with adoption.

Side note: I'm totally pre-ordering the Rift & ASUS Oculus ready computer once they're available.
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DoyleRealtor

We look forward to your review of the VR Rift & ASUS Oculus ready computer ...

Dan
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tosolini

Let's hope there is an iPhone headset that is as good as the GearVR experience.

Yes. It would be great if Matterport could leverage the marketing dollars of Google and the media might of The New York Times.

Other People's Money (OPM)+ Other People's Media (OPM)= leverage to promote Matterport VR Content to create demand for Matterport Pros ...

Dan
Post 30 IP   flag post

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
This next idea is inspired by this thread Matterport User Group Member @davidpylup

To recap, David is now signing autographs as a famous Matterport Pro in Toronto as a result of his appearance on CTV News.

How did the TV appearance happen? It's hard work to make it look so easy ....

quote=@davidpylyp]I sent a press release kit out to all the Toronto TV stations; one followed up with some questions/

I provided the host with 2 pages of TXT diologue and background.

Provided a condo for sale plus the owner ( what problem am I solving? What solution is proposed? )

Shot this about 4 weeks ago then waited.

So, the next idea for Matterport to help create demand is ... (below)

Dan
Post 31 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Idea: Matterport's PR Agency pitches Matterport as a local story.

Once local TV news channel - or newspaper - expresses interest, Matterport seamlessly integrates the local angle:

1. Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers that are creating this content for real estate agents
2. Matterport pays the Pro to create a 3D Showcase of the TV stations studios for the TV station's website
3. Matterport Pro does a demo (live or recorded)

Blah, Blah.

Like? Don't like? How would you improve on this idea?

Dan
Post 32 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely think your your right on some sort of commission on camera sales. Especially like you mentioned doing a seminar and people buying them.
Tesla Referral program is a good example.

As far as your last idea, to add to it. Like @davidplyp did with his CTV News spot. They could create a media kit specifically for TV maybe to send to us to pass on, or to facilitate us sending them on.
Post 33 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
The media kit was a collection of articles I have locally sourced; things I picked up online.

They are meant as back ground CONTEXT to explain what Matterport is and how it works.

It is a stripped TXT file that I printed that gave ON CAMERA dialogue to the TV Guy that made him sound like he research in great detail.

[Many of the lines he delivered were from my Video segment]

The other file I have is a link to EVERYONE's sample online so that I can demonstrate an application relative to that person's use.
Post 34 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Another thought-starter ...

The Getty VR Collection App powered by Matterport

1. An Oculus App Store app
2. Each gallery at The Getty is a VR Tour
3. Within the The Getty VR Collection App, you can selected which gallery to experience.
4. Scans in front of each artwork
5. Each artwork has annotation symbols nearby
a. Audio
b. Video
c. Link
d. Buy

6. Matterport pays for all the above for one world-class art museum. By doing each gallery as a separate VR, multiple Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers could complete the project sooner
7. Once the app is public, Museums will have a great example to help them to decide to do the same.

Optional Publicity Stunt on International Museum Day

Imagine "x" participating art museums around the globe dedicating one gallery to all black walls on. No paintings. No art. Nothing.

What's this about?

Nothing in the art gallery EXCEPT Gear VR headsets so that visitors can tour participating art museums around the globe on International Council of Museums - 5/8/16 is International Museum Day 8 May 2016.

Your thoughts?
Post 35 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
All,

Feel free to add your thought-starters about how Matterport could help increase the demand for 3D Showcase tours by Matterport Pros.

Thank,

Dan
Post 36 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Your thoughts about a Matterport VR App of Celebrity Homes? Seems like this would be great 3D Showcases that people would want to view.

Pair with a celebrity magazine or TV show to help line-up stars to participate as well as promote the app?

I could imagine 50 celebrity homes with Matterport engaging Pros to create this potentially-viral content.

Your thoughts on this or other ideas above or your ideas on how to help increase demand for Matterport 3D and VR Showcases?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 37 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
I definitely think that has potential. I had been thinking along the same lines plus I think Matterport themselves are probably too.

A digital version of cribs or something.
Post 38 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@smcclell Digital version of Cribs is a great media partnership opportunity.

Here's another spin on this idea ...

[People Magazine]
presents
Celebrity Homes for Sale VR App
with help from
[Sotheby’s International Reality]