Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Insta360 ProInsta360 Pro 2Pano2VRVersus

3d Camera for pano tours8115

Viewtech3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

I have a client who wants a good quality panoramic image to view in a virtual tour such as pano2vr.

The images will be mainly outdoor but there are some signs and text.

Can anyone let me know what the sharpest image cameras are out there just now please

Has to be locally hosted so no Matterport im afraid

If anyone has any panos they could share

Insta360 pro2?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Viewtech3D

Short of using a DSRL solution, likely the best 1-click 360º camera solutions are either the Insta360 Pro or Insta360 Pro 2 Cameras.

As a WGAN Forum Member, you get free access to sample 360º panorama images (shot either with Insta360 One or Ricoh Theta S. Are these helpful? Or, are you seeking 360ºs from the Insta360 Pro or Insta360 Pro 2 Cameras?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Viewtech3D

By the way, if these two cameras are outside your budget, here are other 360º 1-click cameras and accessories.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Viewtech3D private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Dan,

You are so fast in responding.

How sharp are the images on the Insta360 pro 2 as a 360 pano - would be good if I could add one into a panotour software for review. Something with a bit of close up detail and text.

Does the insta360 have issues stitching up close as some objects maybe 1-2 metres away
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Viewtech3D,
If you already have a MP Pro camera why not use it and download the 360 degrees and use them. A simple easy solution until you figure out which camera you want to invest in. Again just my thoughts.

Ron
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Viewtech3D

It's likely that all cameras will have trouble shooting 1 meter (3.28 feet). Some of this can be mitigated by facing the lens at the closes object. Shooting with a DSLR and doing manual stitching will 100 percent eliminate bad stitching.

What is your use case? What are you trying to accomplish?

I do not own an Insta360 Pro or Insta360 Pro 2. I'll defer to others in the WGAN Forum that own one of these cameras (Or please see the Insta360 website.)

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
I've been pleased with the Theta V results - especially in HDR mode. I then take them into Lightroom and edit all at once. Simple, and decent results. Here is a little tour that I shot for the City of Gulf Shores that shows the condition of road improvements:

clickable text
Post 7 IP   flag post
CFster private msg quote post Address this user
I tried the Ricoh Theta. Wasn’t impressed. I use my DSLR now.

Post 8 IP   flag post
CFster private msg quote post Address this user
Another Pano
Post 9 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@CFster
Nice shot.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101438 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?