Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceMarketingScanningTipsTrash Cans

Customer is always right7972

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I recently did a scan of high end Assisted Living / Memory Care facility. It is around 20,000 sg ft and had to be done over 2 days between 6-7:30 am each day. After 7:30 the residents start waking up moving through out the facility, and they move very slow...but just fast enough to be blurs in the scan.

The project called for 5 different scans of different areas of the facility to fit the new website they were creating.

Everything went great. The sales manager, who was my contact was there throughout the shoot and her and her boss loved everything. Then she shared it with the property owner.

A little background on the owner...I had just completed a huge project for him at one of his office complexes in another state. That one involved 11 office buildings spread over 125 acres, with multiple scans, virtual staging of empty offices, and drone footage of the entire complex. He loved everything I did on that project.

When he started looking at the first scan he was loving it, until he saw one of the trash containers in a scan. He said this looks great, but you have to remove the trash cans because they make the place look dirty. Unfortunately these "dirty" trash cans are throughout the facility and to remove all of them would require a complete re-shoot. He didn't blame me, he said I should have had someone from management with me making sure the trash cans were moved. I had management with me and she never consider moving them as they are everywhere.

Well, as they say, the customer is always right so that's what I'm doing...a full re-shoot at full price of the original shoot.

Here's a screen shot of the with one of the dirty trash cans. Can you find it?

Post 1 IP   flag post
OpenHouseOptics private msg quote post Address this user
Is it possible to just rescan the points where they can be seen? However, it’s a little persnickety, the pull looks neat as a pin. Makes me think it’s clean because there are plenty of recepticles that the residents don’t have to walk too far to get to.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman

Thanks for sharing the backstory.

Here's a kerfuffle I had about the customer is always right ...

Listing goes to another broker? Matterport?

Dan

P.S. We (typically) always hide trash cans.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@OpenHouseOptics re-scanning the points where they can be seen is not an option since they are in so many locations.

And Dan, I will generally remove trash cans but these, in mine and the sales managers opinion, looked like they belonged in the public space areas...but as I said, the customer is always right.

I would like to know how anyone feels about charging the client again for re-doing this particular job under these circumstances.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Portland, Oregon
HelloPado private msg quote post Address this user
I've always had a problem with this saying,, "the customer is always right".
I call BS.
The customer always has a need. As a service provider it is our business to discover that need.
If they ar willing to pay for the redo, that's sweet.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Haven’t seen that term thrown around by companies in about 25 years. How long did that campaign even last?

10 years maybe? That was the term that set off the frivolous lawsuit debate in the 90’s.

We got enough liability to worry about when simply adjusting the mini blinds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloPado

If they ar willing to pay for the redo, that's sweet.
- here here
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@VTLV My only response is I guess I'm old, 66, and old school. I've always have and always will treat my clients that way. Hasn't failed me in 38 years, but like my 21 yr old son says...wake up and get with the times dad. To which, after shedding a tear for his generation, I simply respond "no thanks, I'm good".
Post 7 IP   flag post
CFster private msg quote post Address this user
“High end” assisted living facility? Around here even the low end ones cost a fortune.

They have the money, and admitted their fault. I’d be billing them again. At least for time spent.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101587 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?