Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceNewbiesReal EstateTips

Something like placester in Spanish796

itsfer private msg quote post Address this user
Hi!
I'm trying to set up a website to promote properties here in Mexico, Placester seamed ideal because of the ease of use and all the features, the problem is they don't offer the site in Spanish ( I need both English and Spanish).
If I try to get someone to make a website from scratch with similar features, it'll cost a fortune and they'll probably try to charge me every time I want to upload a property.
Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?, of course I'm planning on adding matterport models to it.

Thanks!

Fernando
Post 1 IP   flag post
JakeRees private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Fernando,
This may be overly simplistic, but did you think about just adding the google translate plugin to your placester site? Placester offers wordpress sites that this would be compatible with. I'm no expert, so I would ask Ross Peterson.

What's the reason for wanting a placester website? Where I am they are known for their IDX sites for real estate agents. If you aren't looking for that, there are a million web hosting companies out there that are pretty cheap
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks for the quick response
Even though I consider my sel computer savvy, I don't know a lot about building a website, I've fiddled around with Wordpress a little but that's about it.
What I liked about placester is the ease of use to put up properties by myself with pictures and Geo location on google maps and the searchable database.
If you have any other suggestions or tutorials I could check please let me know, I don't know where to start!
Post 3 IP   flag post
JakeRees private msg quote post Address this user
I built mine all by lonesome, I messed with a few templet html sites but really simple like drag and drop. It took me about a week to have it the way I wanted too, but i could re-do mine over in a day or two at this point, which I plan to do by the end of this year.
I have a godaddy managed wordpress site and it's really all you need for 5 bucks a month or whatever it is. You can get some pretty sick templates for 40-50 bucks on envato that are mobile friendly, and with a lot of people doing the 3d stuff now you can kinda take a look around choose the best for you.
The best purchase I have made was Ross' 3d model template thing, which has geo-location built in and will autoplay and format the matterport iframe to fit the screen for anyone going on your site. Its freaking awesome too if I'm honest and runs 250 or 299, but totally worth it.
Wordpress takes most of the coding out of web building, just buy a template and then drop in the content. Adding pages takes seconds. Any problems you run into you can google, almost everything has been asked before on the wordpress forums! Just dont get a wordpress site through wordpress.org
Post 4 IP   flag post
Great! thanks for you advice
Sometimes I get lost doing research in the sea of information that is the internet and forget to just ask another human! hahaha
Now I have somewhere to start, I didn't even know about Envato.
The template you mention sounds great, but I can't find it or any template with matterport iframe support, is ross 3d model template a wordpress template too?

thanks again

Fernando
Post 5 IP   flag post
I see you mean Ross Peterson's plugin wp3d.
Now I have some homework!

Thanks again for narrowing my search

Fernando
Post 6 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys...

Thanks for the plug @JakeRees! Really appreciate it. Oh..but I think you meant to say "don't get a site through wordpress.COM" not "wordpress.ORG". It is certainly confusing, but the (hosted) .COM version of WordPress doesn't allow for you to use 3rd Party Plugins (like WP3D Models) or 3rd Party Themes, like Jake has described.

I'm really excited about the next version of the plugin (free for all current owners). It's going to make things even easier to manage and better brand your models.

Coming very soon...thx! Ross
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks Again Ross!
Post 8 IP   flag post
HortonTeam private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone use virtual assistants for their placester real estate website with WP3D Models?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hi @HortonTeam, I saw your post here and would love to help, but I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Can you elaborate? Addtionally, are you using WP3D Models with Placester? Thanks!
Post 10 IP   flag post
I will be. Ordering Matterport today. I will get Placeter from Keller Williams and switching my real estate website over. I have used VA's from oDesk/Upwork in the past and also want to use VA's to create videos from the Matterport.

Not that I am cheap, but would use VA's for $10-$20 hour from the Philippines or India and do my wordpress sites work which includes your plug-in, simple video pro, fanbuzz etc...

Your plugin looks great. Does it mean I am hosting Matterport on my website using your plug-in as well as branding my name or with links to my website which then links to matterport?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hi @HortonTeam,

You shouldn't have any problem outsourcing the maintenance of your site to someone else, so long as you are able to train them up on how you'd like it to work.

Speaking of, v.2 is set for release in the next week and offers a LOT more options for customization and branding of your scans/models.

WP3D Models is a tool that allows you to easily manage/organize/share your Matterport scans, but the hosting for the actual model data will always remain at Matterport.

I think you'll find that the (forthcoming) v.2 of WP3D Models offers a ton of new options for branding your name/agency. I'm very excited to get this released.....just needs a bit more testing & bugfixing.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thanks. excited about V2 and branding.

Anyone outsourcing with a VA that knows Matterport, Placesetter, and WP3D Models I would love to hire as well.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101428 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?