Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingMeeroStrategy

Meero Announces Partnership with Matterport7959

GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
What do this mean for MSP's?

Meero Announces Partnership with Matterport

SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct. 3, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The worldwide leader in photography, Meero, has announced a partnership with the leading immersive media company, Matterport. The collaboration will make Matterport's 3D virtual tours and VR cloud-hosted technology accessible to Meero's 30,000 customers across 100 countries.

Meero, which recently raised $45 million in its second funding round, combines AI technology, process and visual content management on its platform. The company automates video and photos in a short amount of time, allowing anyone who wants professional photographs to access their images within 24 hours.

It will now also provide Matterport technology as a service, allowing access to 3D virtual tours and VR tours, floorplans, 2D high-res images and dollhouse view capabilities.

Matterport has built the world's most advanced platform for quickly and easily creating, understanding and distributing 3D models of real-world spaces. The company also has the world's largest library of 3D virtual tours, consisting of over 1 million 3D models of real-world spaces. The volume of data Matterport aggregates is fueling its use of deep learning to create the next generation of AI-based computer vision technologies for the digital reconstruction and detailed understanding of spaces.

James Morris-Manuel, EMEA VP at Matterport, said: "We have seen Matterport go from strength to strength across the globe, with the technology now available in over 100 countries. Our partnership with Meero will expand our reach further, offering our services to all of their customers. This collaboration is an indicator of the demand for 3D and VR captures of real-world spaces, as companies from real estate through to travel and events embrace more immersive experiences."

Nicola Sterchele, VP Marketing at Meero, said: "We are very happy to enrich our offer with Matterport's products: this partnership is in line with our ongoing global expansion effort. It will develop Meero's ever-growing offer and will enable us to address extensively our clients' needs in 2D and 3D services worldwide."

Meero

Created in 2016, Meero answers a major problem in the world of photography: image editing. Indeed, 60 minutes of actual shooting requires up to 4 hours of additional post production work. Result: long delivery times, inconsistent returns, often disparate prices.

Combining unique artificial intelligence technology, unprecedented work processes, and the development of a visual content management platform, Meero has been able to develop a world-leading offering of photo and video services at unbeatable prices, delivery times of less than 24 hours and consistent quality.

Matterport

Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Matterport delivers True3D™ models of the physical world with its innovative, end-to-end platform for capturing and modifying digital copies of real-world places. The company uses proprietary machine vision technologies and deep learning algorithms to enhance the 3D experience. Matterport's cameras and Cloud Services make it quick and easy to turn real-world places into immersive virtual experiences. Matterport customers have produced over one million 3D spaces across 90 countries; these spaces have been visited nearly 400 million times online. More information about Matterport is available at: www.matterport.com.

Source:PR Newswire
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
You do work for them for peanuts basically
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
“unbeatable prices”
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
I am registered with them To do work in many locations have not got one job with Meero.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Paris
RomainReparage private msg quote post Address this user
same here.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@GarySnyder

I have read the press release three times, and I am still confused what it means.

Here are some possibilities:

1. Content Distribution Network (CDN) – Matterport distributes 3D Tours to Meero platform: another places to view Matterport 3D Tours ala Realtor.com As long as Matterport follows a process to allow us to opt-in/opt-out, I am fine with it. Ideally, I should have to decide that I want to opt-in to have my content viewed on Meero. Plus, I should be able to do this either by ALL or by specific 3D Tour

2. Engage Matterport 3D Tours – Meero engages Matterport Pros. (We Get Around Network work with five different Meero reps seeking Matterport Service Providers around the globe.) Anything that expands the market for booking Matterport Service Providers is a good thing. While Meero is a sophisticated buyer - they have a good handle on what Matterport Pros are willing to accept - in the long run (and not just because of this deal) - I could imagine demand for Matterport 3D Tours growing exponentially while Matterport Service Providers grows linearly. When demand exceeds supply, the amount paid to Matterport Service Providers will increase.

3. Machine Learning / AI - Matterport has some amazing technology for a semantic understanding of the world. (For example, millions of images of refrigerators, ovens) The Matterport library of content could be used to train Meero AI.

My big picture view: this is great news for Matterport Service Providers. Again, I could imagine demand for Matterport 3D Tours growing exponentially while Matterport Service Providers grows linearly. When demand exceeds supply, the amount paid to Matterport Service Providers will increase.

Anything that increases the following are great news:

✓ the use for Matterport 3D Tours
✓ engages the interest in buyers of photographer to look at 3D Tours as another option
✓ increases the demand for Matterport Service Provider

I look forward to learning more about what the announcement means.

In the mean time, a related WGAN Forum discussion:

Meero - Air bnb photographer sub work

Best,

Dan

@Harrycayman @romainreparage Hang in there for Meero to place business with you.
Post 6 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @DanSmigrod

I'm not sure what to make out it as well but it will be interesting to see how it plays out. My concern was that MP might start offering discounted cameras to members of Meero and there members begin a price war in the States with MSP's. A lot of the MSP's are already finding it tough and they don't need a bunch of low ball competition on their door steps.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@GarySnyder

Yes. #4 could be a deal for either Meero to sell Cameras or offer a discount code to their clients and/or photographers

#5 Smoke and Mirrors – When I re-read this paragraph ...

"... Meero, has announced a partnership with ...Matterport. The collaboration will make Matterport's 3D virtual tours and VR cloud-hosted technology accessible to Meero's ... customers ...."

... any Matterport Service Provider could say the same thing!

Since the announcement is by Meero, perhaps Meero just wanted to hype that Meero offers Matterport as a visual storytelling solution, in addition to photos, video, etc.

"[Meero] will now also provide Matterport technology as a service, allowing access to 3D virtual tours and VR tours, floorplans, 2D high-res images and dollhouse view capabilities."

Again, that's what all Matterport Service Providers do. And, Meero outsources Matterport 3D Tour content creation (and often sources Matterport Pros via the We Get Around Network.

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101636 8 8