Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Published 3D Tours to GSV before Matterport charges?7932

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab from Matterport newsletter (Friday, 28 September 2018).

Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Friday, 28 September 2018) is:

Have you published all the commercial spaces that you have scanned to Google Street View before Matterport starts charging on Monday, 1 October 2018?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Matterport Blog (30 August 2018): Update on Publishing to Google Street View
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

I'm having an upload-a-thon this weekend. I still think this is one of the lousiest moves that they've made (among many worthy candidates for that title).

Happy uploading!

Keith
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Chemistrydoc

Ha! I just got done uploading a ton myself. I could imagine I am about to be GSV Level a million

Hi All,

Since you can Publish to Google Street View and Un-Publish, I could imagine that Matterport would not charge you the second time that you publish the same model to Google Street View.

For example, there are some Clients that I have not reached out to (yet) to say, would you like the tour published to Google Street View (and charge more $$$). So, I want to published them (and, if necessary, un-publish them and not get charged for re-publishing. Clear as mud?

I could also imagine sharing with a client the published to Google Street View version and ask if they would like it to remain live for $$$$ per month (or year) and if not, un-publish.

Avoid getting dinged by publishing Matterport Spaces to Google Street View before 1 October 2018 (when Matterport begins charging for publishing to Google Street View.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod - I believe you are correct here.

Just for the record, GSV publishing will be $14.99 - same as Schematic Floorplans.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: Email that I received from Google after Matterport to Google Street View upload-a-thon publishing over the weekend.

@Metroplex360

Thanks!

@Chemistrydoc

How did your upload-a-thon to Google Street View go this weekend?

I believe I went to Local Guide Level 7 from Local Guide Level 5 as a result of the additional Matterport to Google Street View publishing (360ยบ content). Not sure what level 7 (or level 5) gets me other than a badge, but needed to upload this content anyway so that I would not get dinged in the future.

Best,

Dan

Screen Grab from Google Local Guides
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

We always knew you were a rock star.......

Seriously, though, I pressed the upload button several times on Sunday. Hope that they don't ding my account since the emails notifying me of the jobs processing to GSV didn't start arriving until today.

Keith
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chemistrydoc
...I pressed the upload button several times on Sunday. Hope that they don't ding my account since the emails notifying me of the jobs processing to GSV didn't start arriving until today [Monday, 30 October 2018].

I would like to think that the billing is based on the date transmitted: not the date that you received email confirmations.

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101421 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?