Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CommentaryGalleryMarketingMatterport Competes with MSPsMatterport KerfuffleSneaky

Matterport using your tours to sell Cameras to competitors?7878

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Ghagendorf
I was looking at the Matterport gallery and this annoying banner keep popping up on the bottom of the screen (over and over again) trying to sell a camera to me - I have already bought 2 !!

@Ghagendorf

While I like that some We Get Around Atlanta tours are in the Matterport Gallery, I do not like that they use "our" 3D Tours to sell Cameras to competitors:

1. With the 'take-over' banner that you shared (and on one of our tours below)
2. The Find a 3D Photographer is not to us!

Anyone else find this annoying?

I would submit more 3D Tours if Matterport was not sneaky about using my content to promote their interests: not mine. [I did give Matterport permission to use my tours though they never disclosed these two ways that they would be used.]

By the way, the We Get Around Network Forum Gallery links to the photographer. [WGAN Members can upload via My Profile tab above.

Again, the interests of Matterport Service Providers are not represented by a strong, internal voice fighting for us.

Related WGAN Forum Discussions

Question of the Day: Is Matterport Multi-Family Group a Competitor?
Should Matterport be in the Business of Buying Scans from MSPs?
Matterport uses MSP Program to Generate Lead for Camera Sales
Matterport using your tours to sell Cameras to competitors?

Best,

Dan

Screen Grabs: Matterport selling Cameras using We Get Around Atlanta Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod's 3D Tours. Not how I thought our content would be used!
Post 1 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
They probably think you should be happy to get free advertising!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@3SixtyNow

Something just doesn't feel right about this (to me) ...

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod yes, after the way they treated you and what you have done for us MSPs.

Go and change the detials on that tour to your companies detials, maybe you get some free work to do from it. Seeing that teh MSPs' are getting a massive salary each month from Matterport and that we can now offer the scanning work for free.That is why they own all our work and can do whatever the hell they want to.

I am also getting fed up with them targeting my clinets. Cost me a lot of $$$ and embarrsed me.

I have stoped putting any detials on the tours. Just dont show that function to clients anymore. Myself and other MSP dont mind other MSP using our tours to showcase our work, but if you are in my town, get a life you loser.

Is anyone still going to buy more MP cameras and the BIG question is why?
- Dont ask this question on their "government run" facebook page, because anything that would scare away a new prospect gets deleted. Rather than getting discussed like adults. I feel so bad for the new MSPs'.
Post 4 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
Same opinion from my side. A feature in this gallery or any lead received from Matterport has made one single deal until now.

I still think a better SDK for professional solutions (whitelabel for MSP customer brandings, local / intranet hosting for large confidential company projects , really GDPR/DSVGO (germany) compliant solutions and a showcase of these would be a much better approach to sell additional cameras to their existing customers and help them to increase their business.

Then MP would also have less need of supporting stupid customers and save a lot money and time on this and marketing which they could invest in better products and solutions.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Gerhard
Go and change the detials on that tour to your companies detials, maybe you get some free work to do from it.

Matterport duplicated my models so I can not make a change.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101426 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?