Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceMarketingWordPress

Newbie to WordPress: suggestions for my new Matterport website?7841

rgestevens private msg quote post Address this user
Hi folks,

I have now finally published my new website after several months of reading, scratching head, swearing, stomping around and many many large drinks.
The one thing I have learned as a 57yo bloke who's never been involved with todays internet technology, I know less than bugger all about any of it!! ( I suppose that less than nothing would be buggerallless?)
Anyway, as this is my first attempt using WP to build a page, I would be sooo grateful for any constructive critism, suggestions or general comments to improve, speed up, make clearer etc, the site.
clickable text

Thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
You knocked it out of the ball park my friend... Very Nice
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I agree. Beautifully done. Makes me wonder if my own site should be simpler, though it's tough as my clients ask for so many different services. You've done a really great job. Hey, 57 is the new 35.
Post 3 IP   flag post
rgestevens private msg quote post Address this user
Home3D & DouglasMeyers, thanks for the positive comments guys. Tho not sure 57 is the new 35, as I had better knees then!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Looks good, but you should be using the WP3D model plug-in. Huge help with Google SEO
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
My site also uses WP3D. It's a powerful tool enabling you to deliver your MP tours as custom single-property websites, and I also love the map feature which lets my customers see virtually ALL the work I've done in the past. Also communicates the range I cover around Los Angeles. I'm a big believer in full disclosure and personally disdain photographers who cherry-pick a few nice shots just for marketing. A smart client would prefer, I hope, to have the ability to scrutinize everything I do, not just see some handpicked shots. Anyway, my two cents which I practice thanks to WP3D.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
GREAT job! Sleek and simple, and yet shows sophistication. You might want to feature the possibility of converting and publishing a space to Google Street View.

I can only heartily second what rzphotoman said: The WP3D plugin is a MUST HAVE in my opinion - not only the SEO, but also the ability to "pretty up" the showcases and create simple, functional and VERY POPULAR single page website designs.

Great first start - best wishes to you!

Keith
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?