Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingTrade ShowsVirtual Reality

VR Glasses to TV Monitor for viewing7826

Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
A very good client of ours who has completed dozens of tours hit me with this request this morning...i do not have a quick answer so i thought I would post to the group looking for a possibly solution..see below for question

Hey Gary,

We’re interested in buying a pair of virtual tour glasses for our upcoming Home Show. However, we’re also wondering if there is a way to hook up the glasses/phone with a TV screen/monitor. That way people walking by will see the VR tour happening as well.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Integratedman

Perhaps they could use a video like this on the monitor?

I wonder how to do the VR Viewer to Monitor sync so that you only see one lens: not two like this ...

Here are some VR Viewer options.

Also recommend they buy alcohol wipes to use between users of the VR Viewer.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Integratedman

Related WGAN Forum discussion:

Creating a split-screen video from VR

@DannyBasting proposed a solution.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Bernardhhi private msg quote post Address this user
I believe this can be done using the Samsung GearVR and Chromecast - Don't have one on hand to try but would be interested to see if anyone on the forum has access to these and test it out.

Bernie
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Bernardhhi

I believe the Chromecast solution would be two lenses: not one.

Personally, I feel the two lenses it totally confusing and subtracts value to the mystery of people using VR and wondering what that experience is like.

Hopefully, someone in the WGAN Forum can speak to a one-lens solution.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Founder/CEO
Atlas Bay VR
Atlanta
AtlasBayVR private msg quote post Address this user
Depending on hardware, I've used Vysor (https://www.vysor.io/) before to connect to an android device. I use it mostly with the Oculus Go, and it requires a little bit of setup on a computer beforehand, but then you can connect that PC to the TV to show anything you'd like, including the screen.
Post 6 IP   flag post
whereareweat private msg quote post Address this user
Pixel + daydream + chromecast = one screen output. If you recently updated the apps/android you may need to enable a flag in chrome.

Open chrome://flags/#enable-webvr
Click "Enable"

with the headset on go to settings, select cast select the chromecast you want, then open chrome in daydream, navigate to a matterport space, click the goggles in the browser using the handset and then it will show as one full screen. The TV output will show the person with the headset view and movement, if that makes sense, single screen not split.

I've only tested with a pixel, but given the other devices that work with daydream I cant see why this would be any different.

It is very slick and fast.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
Thank You to everyone chipping in...GREATLY appreciate the feedback...
Post 8 IP   flag post
101429 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?