Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
APIConfidentialMuseumsPrivateSDK

Matterport on temporary access / pay-per-view7788

ELAN42 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi !

This is a thread about this feature request:
https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115007766288-Permissions-for-temporary-access-or-pay-per-view-opportunity

That apparently was never have been developed from Matterport.

Not to "publish" a space, but to keep it private trough special API or login+password,
so that I can create an e-commerce to sell a ticket to Virtually visit a Museum, for example.

What do you think about it ?

Is it doable with current state of art of Matterport software ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Good idea but doubt it will ever happen with Matterport.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Standard
Sarasota, Florida
BlueImmersiveMedia private msg quote post Address this user
Great idea. I have a similar proposal running with a celebrity client who raises money for cancer research. To sell an immersive experience that audiences would pay for.

We are not developing it with Matterport products. They are not the right application/company/player for this kind of thing. They have their path and product, and it is outstanding in its field. But, limited in its future versatility in my option.

I believe Matterport will stay focused in in their sweet spot. The VC's will appreciate that .
Post 3 IP   flag post
What product are you using to do that ?
Post 4 IP   flag post
jblythe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELAN42
What product are you using to do that ?

I was curious as to the same thing
Post 5 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
I guess you could technically do this by embedding the model on a webpage that has the access controls and then mask the source URL of the model. It wouldn't be difficult for someone who knew what they are doing to reverse engineer and get access to the model, but for most people, it wouldn't matter.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Standard
Sarasota, Florida
@ELAN42,@immersivespaces

It IS the question. Nothing exist.

We have to modify, partner or create. We have some pieces. Nothing in one application specifically as we want it. I predict we will have to develop it or wait for something to come close to test MVP with.
Post 7 IP   flag post
But as @immersivespaces wrote,
it would be easy to reverse enginer for a web developer like me,
and if Matterport original code don't have a way to mask the Matterport space ID,
and if the Matterport space is public,
it could be easily be viewed by anyone that have the space ID.

I could code this, but it would be useless if Matteport don't create an API of some kind to get an embed hiding the source ID.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I have access to Matterport SDK framework, I will ask them if something like this is possible.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Standard
Sarasota, Florida
@ELAN42 I get it. That is one way that might work. Its just not the workflow or final product that we are going for in our specific application.

It would be great for the application that you mentioned, and others. I would love to see this happen. I would use it!
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@ELAN42 You are not 100% right.
We can achieve the e-ticket function with "the public Matterport space ID" had been public.

Please refer below floorplan view from Matterport Showcase from one of our customers example.

We setup the start point at the "StartPoint" that with one only/single path to enter the "MainArea".
And disable all the points on the single path.
That mean when you open the showcase you can only stay at the start point can't go anywhere.
And the only hot point will link you to the e-ticket purchase webpage.
In order to get the result you must disable the "dollhouse view" , "floorplan view" and "highlights button" functions.
(We didn't disable them for DEMO the e-ticket function only, it is not a real e-ticket showcase.)

After you get the e-ticket you will enter the showcase again from another page with this matterport showcase in one iframe.
That page will make you JuMP to the real start point of the main area.

You will need Matterport SDK to make the JuMP happen.

Would you please share some information about how to request the Matterport SDK developer?
Is it difficult?

We can make the JuMP without Matterport SDK, but you need install our "Chrome Extension" to do that.
But if we can have the access of Matterport SDK, we will release one version that work with Matterport SDK for sure.

Thank you.
JuMP team from Beijing China
Post 11 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP: the SDK is available here: clickable text
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
@ELAN42 You are not 100% right.

Are you serious ?

It took me 5 seconds to enter freely into your "private showcase",
just click "dollhouse" and doubleclick "any scan inside the house" ...
Post 13 IP   flag post
sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
Like @ELAN42 I was able to get in with either the Dollhouse view or floor plan view. Turning off these features would help seal up those leaks, however, if you wanted those views available to "paid" viewers, then I don't know how you would turn them back on again on the fly.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP Good idea if you can figure out the obvious flaw.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@ELAN42 @sbl110 Yes, you can click "dollhouse" , "floorplan view" and "highlights button", because I didn't disable them that I leave them there open for you to see inside.
That I mentioned in my post:
(We didn't disable them for DEMO the e-ticket function only, it is not a real e-ticket showcase.)

If I disable the "dollhouse" , "floorplan view" and "highlights button" you can't know what is inside the door, right?

We already confirm the way is working with our Chrome extension but because it is not using Matterport SDK so we can't show you the page.

If some friends here who has the access of Matterport SDK can try our method and give a POC.

How about @Metroplex360, would you like to make a POC for this with Matterport SDK?
Post 16 IP   flag post
101604 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?