Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AirbnbHotelsMarketingTravel

Airbnb to include Matterport 3D Tours (Sooner than Later)7739

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: Coming Soon: Beyond by Airbnb | Airbnb | Video courtesy of Airbnb YouTube Channel

Screen Grab: Link

Hi All,

Beyond by Airbnd - the "ultra luxurious" Airbnd brandbut will include Matterport 3D tours (sooner than later). Beyond by Airbnb brand was announced in February 2018 as coming this Spring 2018, but has not yet launched.

Multiple Matterport Service Providers have let me know that they have been engaged to shoot Matterport 3D Tours for Airbnb.

I do not know if this is with - or without - Matterport's knowledge.

While Matterport has not confirmed an alliance with Airbnb/Beyond by Airbnb, I could imagine that Matterport and Airbnb are working together to enable this initiative. I could imagine that Matterport and Airbnb have an agreement in place and the companies will confirm this initiative when most or all of the Beyond Airbnd properties have have Matterport scans and/or Beyond by Airbnb launches.

I could imagine that Matterport made a concession to Airbnb regarding hosting and/or branding to enable this initiative.

I agree with @imad - whom started this related WGAN Forum discussion - that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @imad
... once Airbnb, booking.com, Trip Adviser and other big fellows decides to adopt a new "fully ownable solution" that suits them all, we're going to witness a sudden booming in that sector, and it'll be like a snowball .. everyone wants a virual tour for their place, social media will support that then, like there is a place for a phone number, a place for an email, a place for a website, and a place for a virtual tour link, if that happened .. it's going to be a tsounami of virtual content that will change the face of the industry as it'll be suddenly recognised by everyone on this planet within a very short period.... Be prepared guys .. they day of virtual content are coming.

Once Beyond by Airbnb is announced, I could imagine that next up would be Matterport integration within Airbnb Plus and then Airbnb.

What do you think?

Are my sources wrong and another thing that I predicted does not happen, or, it's just taken longer to see see Matterport integration within Airbnb (and it is coming sooner than later)?

Best,

Dan

✓ All WGAN Forum Discussions tagged: Airbnb
✓ TechCrunch (22 February 2018) Airbnb is rolling out a new tier aimed at higher-end travelers
✓ CNN (17 April 2018) - Finding a luxury vacation rental might be easier than you thought
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
That's a coin toss Dan.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
So who and how do you contact Airbnb to get some work? Is the client Airbnb or the property host?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Angus,

Here is the company Airbnb hired to do all the still photos of their properties in the Chicago market.

https://www.meero.com/en/

They're located in Paris France so I would guess they handle your market also. In my opinion they don't pay near enough to bother with.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
thanks - yep I heard of them and declined to work for them.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101729 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?