Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Buy Camera

Should I Buy a Matterport Camera?7738

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I received this email this morning from a prospective Matterport Camera buyer.

Dan

---

Hello Dan,

I am contemplating investing in a matterport machine. My company wants to add features that can bring new income to our small company.

We do marketing for the Hispanic Market. We help any business reach out to the Hispanic Market mainly in [redacted].

I have seen videos on the usage of Matterport machine. My question is there money to be make, when is such a new technology. Everyone I mention the Matterport to in the real estate industry they say is for the rich realtors. I just don't know if I should invest in that route or keep looking to do something else.

Any information that can help is appreciate it. I know they have a special that ends today of $1000 off I wonder if a newer vertion is coming and also which machine you recommend?

Is it easy to use? Looks very complicated to me.

Thanks again,

[redacted]

--

Dear [redacted],

Thank you for reaching out and for joining the We Get Around Network Forum.

While the We Get Around Network Forum is Matterport centric, we do cover all 360ยบ cameras, platforms and 3rd party service providers - mostly in the residential and commercial real estate space.

WGAN is not affiliated with Matterport nor do we sell Matterport Cameras.

I anonymized and posted your email to the WGAN Forum - to crowdsource answers for you.

By the way, the Matterport Camera is discounted $1,000 now through 3 September at 11:59 pm (PDT). That said, I would not feel rushed to make a purchase decision because of the sale price. Matterport always seems to run sales and I could imagine that if you decided in mid-September 2018 to buy the camera, you could tell the sales person that you will buy provided that they honor the $1,000 offer.

Please do let me know what you decide to do.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
osakadave private msg quote post Address this user
I, for one, am thankful that I got into the Matterport system, though I, too, was hesitant at first. I think the results are incredible and still mind-blowing... all with a small learning curve. Before offering a blanket recommendation, I would be curious to know the type of company the questioner has and for what purposes he intends to use Matterport. Short of that, I give it a thumbs up. Good luck.

Dave
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@osakadave thanks for sharing (and for being a WGAN Fan Club Member) ...

Dear [redacted],

When I bought my Matterport Camera in July 2014, I could not get a demo. I was among the first to buy the Camera. So, I relied on the Matterport 30 day money back offer (details), if I wanted to return it.

Today - unlike then - you can engage a Matterport Service Provider until you decide it makes sense to invest in all the gear. (Please see the How Much Does It Cost to Buy a Matterport Camera Calculator in the purple bar above.)

Why not add to your website, now offering Matterport 3D Tours and if/when you get the business outsource.

Or, buy a Matterport Camera and return it within 30 days and get your money back.

Does that help?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod. I think Dan has sound advice. I also bought mine like Dan when it first went public and thinking great tool to add to the business. I still think a great tool but until you get a solid clientele that wants to include Matterport, you might outsource until you see if your agents will support the purchase. I viewed video on the survey and I do agree with his findings.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I heard back from [redacted] today (Friday, 7 September 2018).

Dan

--

Dan,

Thank you. I have opted out not to buy until I have more solid leads.

Looks like you have a pretty amazing pod cast full of information and you are very knowledgable in technology among other things. I will love to stay in touch since I do see value on your podcasts.

If you ever need my support in [redacted] I will be glad to help out.

[redacted]
Post 5 IP   flag post
101636 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?