Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MuseumsQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: What are your thoughts about Matterport MatterTags?7663

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Friday, 17 August 2018) is:

What are your thoughts about Matterport MatterTags?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
One of the most under-exploited MP capabilities, though I am equally guilty of their underuse. I have one complaint however, which I have written to MP about. I would like to see Tags open full screen Like the credit label (in upper left corner) does - with the “details” portion of the info hidden - just the “title” visible. Reason is that whereas the title appears above and outside of the area occupied by, for example, a JPG image, the details section covers over the image. I recent used Tags on an art gallery and tagged the artworks on the wall so visitors could really study the artworks. I used the Title for the name of the artwork (this field is highly character limited) and used Details for media, date, more information. But when a visitor opens a painting, the Details text covers over the artwork. This should just be an ‘option’ to view, like with the upper left credit tag. MP, please open Tags in default ‘Details’ hidden or give us an option to choose whether it’s visible or hidden by default, per model. Thank you!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to see the ability to label a Mattertag. For example, in the beginning of a property tour, you could post a "Welcome" tag that could open a video (when clicked of course) of the realtor (or whomever) welcoming the viewer and giving a brief (15-30 second) overview. Doesn't have to be a video, could be a list of home features.

Or what about the case where you have two spaces linked? You might have a label that reads "Click to continue to ____________" or "click to return to _______________"

In one scan I did of a car, I inserted the nearly 300 page owners manual as a PDF in a Mattertag. It would have been cool to be able to label the tag as "Owners Manual."

I'm sure there are many more ideas that could be applied to Mattertag labels, if they existed.

Scott
Post 3 IP   flag post
Lukmoorkens private msg quote post Address this user
Just a simple text editor would be great.

3 Different icons for when there's a video or a picture or only text and info behind the tag.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Istanbul, Turkey
alirizacil private msg quote post Address this user
It would ve usefull if there is an option to keep mattertag active all the time.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Moved from a WGAN Forum discussion ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DouglasMeyers
I would rather have better tags... Cupix has nice tags... come on Matterport catch up to yourself
Post 6 IP   flag post
101646 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?