Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Highlights ReelMarketingPricingQuestion of the DaySlide ShowWalkThrough

Question of the Day: Do you charge extra for Matterport Highlights Reel?7650

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Wednesday, 15 August 2018) is:

Do you charge extra for Matterport Highlights Reel (Add On) or included free with Matterport 3D Tour?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Related WGAN Forum Question of the Day:

For the Matterport Highlights Reel, do you prefer Matterport Slide Show or Matterport Walkthrough?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Photo - Video
Editing Service
PhotoAndVideoEdits private msg quote post Address this user
Give them the lowest price possible and then add the extras if they want them.....

Customer 1, 2 and 3: "Can I get the special 99 cent double cheeseburger please"
Server: "Would you like to make that a value meal, with Frys and a drink"?
Customer 1: "Yes Please, a value meal sounds good"
Customer 2: "Hmmm, just add fries"
Customer 3: "No thanks, just the double cheeseburger"

Dont just sell value meals..... Not everyone wants them or wants to pay the extra. But do get them into your store with the 99 cent special. They will come.

McDonalds spends millions on marketing, so take a leaf out of their book. I did and it works very well.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
Good question...I have a hard enough time selling MATTERPORT let alone adding costs for extra's...

I look to get 15 to 20 cents per sq ft and load the package up..
Post 3 IP   flag post
Photo - Video
Editing Service
So for 2000 sq ft you are looking to get $300 - $400 dollars?

This could be the reason why you are having a hard time selling them. Also, if you are not offering photography in your list of services, then thats just as much of a reason aside from your price.
Post 4 IP   flag post
So you are suggesting prostituting myself and the Matterport Brand?...Never going to happen, I would rather NOT sell the service than give it away. Those that are booking scans are elated with the quality of the tours and the product..Not so much with the photography... Sure I would rather be a little busier, but we are alos dealing with a extremely heated real estate market in this area..both New and resale..and both realtors and builders are being...well lets say cautious with their marketing dollars..3 years ago before the market went crazy and I bought a Matterport Camera I was selling iGuide tours all day long for twice the price...
So bottom Line i do not work for FREE..it is Phenomenal technology and worth every penny..
Post 5 IP   flag post
Photo - Video
Editing Service
My Model for my Tour company is numbers game. Low pricing but high volume. Because thats what 99% of agents call for, lowest price first, great quality second.

This year so far, I've averaged about $6000 a week in income. I did that with offers of Free, yes I said Free Matterport tours (if they spend $349 or more on other tour items). So am I prostituting Matterport? Not to me as my bottom line is, that if I can bring in $1200 a day with great pricing, it doesn't matter wether its done with a drone, Video camera, Matterport camera or Photography camera. A $1200 a day is a $1200 per day. What my company is really getting paid for is our time. I'm pretty happy with that.

99% of agents will agree how cool new real estate tech stuff is like Matterport, but the bottom line is that they want it cheap, cheap, cheap. I figured out that if I want to make good money in this business that I had to come up with pricing that catered to their price point. I also serve a hot market where listings sell really quick (South Florida). July is one of the slowest months as its summertime and out of season, yet I was still book almost every day of the week in Mid July. Im not just saying it, take a look at my calendar:

Post 6 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
@Integratedman

Wow, I'm elated when I get 10 cents per square foot! I haven't found anyone that would pay that price. Considering I can shoot 4 to 5 thousand square foot in an hour and have about an hour and a half in drive and post production time I'm fine with making $400 in 2 1/2 hours. Also, I gave up on realtors entirely. I only focus on businesses with MP and GSV. I literally can't give it away to realtors here....I've tried!

I'm not suggesting you change your pricing, stick with what works for you.

That being said, I am considering an a la carte model to cut post production time or boost income.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Photo - Video
Editing Service
A La Carte and packages is the way to go. People want choices so there is something for everyone :-)
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
$0.10/sqft seems to be the ideal price for Residential Real Estate scans. It's easy to quote Realtors; it's not confusing; and it's an agreeable rate. You can sell customer service after that and add bundled discounts or what not.

We provide bundles that essentially make DSLR photos and floorplans a $100 add-on. And thanks to Colin's P&V Edits service, it's pretty painless to shoot a house in 20 minutes and offload the processing duties.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
I charge 8-10 cents sq ft and I include the highlight reel. The highlight reel is what 'sells' the deal and the property looks 1000% better with the reel.
Post 10 IP   flag post
jblythe private msg quote post Address this user
@PhotoAndVideoEdits

I love your insights on this. Would it be possible to share your packages and starting costs? I think your model works best for the type of market we have here and it would be nice to be able to see how you put your packages together. Totally understand if you are not comfortable sharing I just thought I would ask. Thanks!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Photo - Video
Editing Service
I’ll go one better, inbox me with your Skype ID and we can set a time to video chat and I’ll tell you everything I know and learned.

😀
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@jblythe
@PhotoAndVideoEdits

How about we do that video chat as a WGAN-TV Live at 5 so WGAN Forum Members can benefit from this discussion?

I could imagine that the topic would be:

Pricing: Bundles and Add Ons

If that works for the both of you, I will email you some suggested dates ...

Best,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 So what you are suggesting is I complete a 1200 sq ft condo or home for $120?...
I don't move for anything less than $250.and that would be part of a bundle situation...there is no way to cover your costs..and if that number got out..I would be sunk...I just completed a series of 3 small condo's for 295 each.700sq ft .only took me an hr to scan and not much back end prep time I would be happy to do that all day long..I did get down to 13cents for a 4300 sq ft home but there were a number of open area's there...
No question pricing is tricky..Our time effort and technology is valuable!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Photo - Video
Editing Service
Sure, that works for me Dan. Your Dead right about doing it that way as sometimes its hard for me to find the time to chit chat!
Post 15 IP   flag post
jblythe private msg quote post Address this user
Same here on timing! I would be ok trying to make this work. I am completely green in this arena and maybe it could/would inspire others to get cracking!
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@PhotoAndVideoEdits
@jblythe

Great!

I will reach out later today (Friday, 17 August 2018) via email to suggest some WGAN-TV Live at 5 dates.

Best,

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

WGAN-TV Short Story #8-Photography Business models (false belief; matterport only) | @PhotoAndVideoEdits (@Hometakes) Founder Colin Forte providing tips to WGAN Forum Member @ChemistryDoc

WGAN-TV Short Story #32 @PhotoAndVideoEdits (@Hometakes) Founder Colin Forte providing bundle example for video

Hi All,

@PhotoAndVideoEdits (@Hometakes) Founder Colin Forte will share his experience in ...

Pricing for Matterport Service Providers: Bundles and Add Ons

... on WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EDT | GMT -4) this Thursday, 23 August 2018.

WGAN Forum Member @jblythe and I will be asking Colin questions. Feel free to Join the Virtual Studio Audience to ask Colin questions too.

The videos (above) give you a taste of what to expect on this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show ...

Best,

Dan

P.S. @ChemistryDoc ... if you are available, please join the discussion on this upcoming WGAN-TV show ...
Post 18 IP   flag post
101641 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?