Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVOutdoorsVersus

Heads up comparison of insta360 Pro vs NC Tech iStar Pulsar7596

SiteTour360 private msg quote post Address this user
Ultimate Street View Showdown! You be the judge!! On the right, weighing in at 5fps we have the current reigning champ insta “insty” 360 pro and on the left, weighing in at 7fps we have the upstart NC_Tech iStar Pulsar “the pulsinator”. Both cameras shooting Street View at the exact same time on the exact same routes!! The map attached shows the routes we ran (red lines indicate comparison routes)...picked roads that were on Google Maps but did not have existing Street View (in order to get clean results). Attached links are to panoramas from the two routes.

Our thoughts:
Pulsar is easier to set up and start capturing (when we don’t have connection issues)
Pro footage has better exposure
Pulsar has better resolution/detail and colors but exposure needs work
GPS accuracy is similar for these conditions (no really tall buildings or obstructions)

Pro https://goo.gl/maps/jitVxeLKKww
Pulsar https://goo.gl/maps/ae8UibVL7y42

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@SiteTour360

What is the workflow like for Insta360 Pro? My understanding of iSTar Pulsar is that its workflow was designed specifically for GSV. Could its streamlining of workflow outweigh the differences in photo quality?

Thanks,

Keith
Post 2 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the test! So cool. The Pulsar resolution is very good. Can you share any other setting of the Insta360 Pro (beyond the 5 FPS)?
Post 3 IP   flag post
@chemistrydoc - workflow for Pro is more involved mostly because it is a multi-purpose tool...360 video, 360 stills, 3D, Street View etc. As Pulsar is now, very streamlined work-flow (not many options), shoot Street View then connect camera to internet and let it upload, then review footage and post to Street View. Pulsar will have a lot more capabilities in the future, right now I would say it is in semi-beta form.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@tosolini
Paola -
We use default settings for shooting Street View with the Pro....video segmenting off, 8K 5fps, auto on other settings, no gyro when stitching, render at 5fps when collecting by driving and 1 fps when using backpack or boat. If you have any pointers on other settings for Pro when shooting SV, would love to hear them!
I do feel like Google made a change to how they process Pro SV footage about a month ago or so....noticed a significant drop off in detail/resolution (in my opinion).
Pulsar is supposed to have a firmware update coming soon...one item is to address overexposure of light colors.
BTW - Big fan of what you guys do at Tosolini!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
@sitetour360 thanks for the kind words :-)
I followed the video by expert Federico Kiko Debetto (https://www.facebook.com/Google.Maps.Business.View.Livorno/videos/1902002006508054/) and the results were OK. Next time I'd like to leave all settings on default and see the difference. More R&D I guess!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
This test of yours has been so inspirational and helpful in understanding how both devices stack up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteTour360
@chemistrydoc - workflow for Pro is more involved mostly because it is a multi-purpose tool...360 video, 360 stills, 3D, Street View etc. As Pulsar is now, very streamlined work-flow (not many options), shoot Street View then connect camera to internet and let it upload, then review footage and post to Street View. Pulsar will have a lot more capabilities in the future, right now I would say it is in semi-beta form.

For those who do not know, the NCTech iStar Pulsar comes in two flavors - GSV Edition and VR World Edition. The GSV Edition is limited in only publishing to GSV.

I'm curious if the Pulsar -> VR.World -> GSV workflow is for both editions or just the VR.World one.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
Great work. Lot's of tech driving around the city by the bay. For better clarity (no pun intended) here are some screen grabs for side by side comparisons. Clearly iStar Pulsar dominates - at least from my perspective.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks Bill! That is great!!!...Have been wanting to do that myself but been too busy! NCTech has a firmware update coming soon to address issues of over-exposure.....I plan to re-shoot then so we can all see the results!.....maybe you can do another comparison gallery?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360
For those who do not know, the NCTech iStar Pulsar comes in two flavors - GSV Edition and VR World Edition. The GSV Edition is limited in only publishing to GSV.

Chris,

FYI ... if you get the GSV Edition, you can alway pay for a license key to upgrade to VR World Edition.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A new, related WGAN Forum discussion:

BREAKING: Insta360 Pro 2 VR camera debuts with in-camera stabilization

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
101436 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?