Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdvicehelpMatterport KerfuffleWP3D Models

WP3D Models Help please: Hero Image (thumb nail) not loading7579

WalterE private msg quote post Address this user
After adding the url for my space, I get this "error" on the model. Any thoughts? I uploaded to Matterport yesterday, could it be a glitch on Matterport's side? I am able to play through the model, it just won't view a "hero" image, whether I used the share url provided by Matterport, or the Deep Link I wanted to use. I reached out to WP3D support, and I thought I would try here as well....help @rpetersn !!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@WalterE

Please share the link that you are using.

Please share a screen grab where you have pasted the link in WP3D Models.

Is the matterport space set to public?

Please share a screen grab of where you got the matterport link.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Okay @dansmigrod ,

Yes, the space is set to public.

Here is the link I am using: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=znXNDswJJMr

Here are the screen Grabs for both WP3D and Matterport

Post 3 IP   flag post
Also, here is the link to the skinned site:

https://walkthroos.com/walkthroo/embassy-lakes-villa/skinned/
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@WalterE

Try making that model private again.

Then change the thumbnail.

Then try making the model public again and see if that fixes the challenge.

The problem is on the Matterport side: not WP3D Models

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@WalterE

It is likely that the Matterport Content Delivery Network (CDN) had a hiccup generating the thumb nail. By refreshing the thumb nail, this should fix it.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Just load an “override image” and it’ll work fine.

I don’t know if it’s what happened, but you can generate a Matterport link even before the processing is done, and if you build a WP3D page before the processing is complete it’ll call for the hero image but there won’t be one there yet.

Again, simply use the option in media tab to override image and put in the pic you want to show up.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Dansmigrod
Unfortunately that did not work. I totally agree with your theory, this is def. not a WP3D issue.

@Queen_city_3d
YES!!! Thank you. While the issue is still there, this "override" works beautifully. Thank you!!

And again...big shout out to @Dansmigrod for creating this multiverse for us. In 2 weeks I have not only learned so much, but I have joined a wonderfully helpful community of entrepreneurs and photographers.

Also, this was my first paying gig. I would totally be open to any criticism of my tour.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all...

First off, thanks a ton to @Queen_City_3D & @DanSmigrod for jumping in to help here!

Thanks @WalterE for also using the WP3D Support system and we've responded to you there as well.

It sounds like something just hiccupped in here with the gathering of the 'hero' image from MP. Likely it wasn't quite ready when the (WP3D) Model was generated.

As @Queen_City_3D noted, the best/fastest fix, in this case, is to use the "Model Image Override" feature inside WP3D's ("Media" tab). I'm glad that got you back in action!

In other news, we've got a new version of WP3D all staged up and ready to push out in the next couple weeks. There's a number of new features/improvements/tweaks/etc...including full GUI support for MPEmbed.

Cheers!

Ross
Post 9 IP   flag post
Fantastic. And @rpetersn you are a wizard. As of Thursday I had never used Wordpress...Today, 3 days later, I am making single listing sites. I was able to send a really nice demo to a client within minutes of watching the videos with you and @dansmigrod. I had a little help from Lynda.com with my wordpress site, and that still has a WAY to go, but what you have created is marvelous. Keep it up!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @WalterE - Thanks so much for the message! What a nice review. Great job with all you've done so quickly! I really appreciate you letting me know how the process of getting started with WP3D has gone for you.

Cheers!

Ross
Post 11 IP   flag post
BrokerBruce private msg quote post Address this user
Looked great to me! Really interesting floor plan that really benefits from the tour to see the flow.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101424 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?