Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceHelp Wanted

Should I Buy a Matterport Pro 3D Camera?749

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Here are some resources to help you decide if you want to buy a Matterport Pro 3D Camera (and related gear and accessories)

1. Check List: Should I Buy a Matterport Pro 3D Camera?
2. Matterport User Group Forum (7,250+ posts among 750 threads)
a. Use the MUG Forum search box - powered by Google
b. Use the Tags list to search by topic
c. Post questions to existing thread topics (free to join)
3. Talk with Pros (24/7 Live)
4. Book a Pro to create a 3D Showcase of your home;
Watch | Ask Questions (Find a Matterport Pro Near You)
5. List: Matterport Resources (Official and Unofficial)
6. We Get Around has published 150+ Matterport blog posts;
here's a list or use the Search Box on our front page
7. sales@matterport.com (include your city/state/country)
8. Article: Buy a Matterport Camera or Book a Pro?
9. Test Drive: Matterport offers a 30 Day Return Policy. (#4)
10. Read profiles of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers
11. If you are trying to figure out how much you should charge, this Guide to Matterport Service Provider Pricing ma be helpful. It contains direct links to the pricing pages of 50 Matterport Pros
12. If you buy a Camera, these five resources are available to help kickstart your new Matterport photography service "New Matterport Pro? Get 5 Marketing Tools"
14. Would you like an intro to a Matterport Pro? Please Private Message (PM) me. Not a Member of the Matterport User Group Forum? It's free. Please join and PM me.

In July 2014, I read a ton and asked Matterport Sales many questions. The single most important thing for me was the 30 day return policy.

Within 10 minutes of my first scan, I knew I was hooked.

I then founded the Matterport User Group Forum to help find other Matterpeeps; and, I also founded the We Get Around Referral Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers and Real Estate Agents to help make it super-easy and super-fast for potential clients to find Matterport Pros.

Best,

Dan

P.S. If you are thinking about buying the Matterport camera in the Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX area, that's a big problem ... NO businesses want Matterport 3D Showcase tours.

HelpingaRealtor.com Founder and 3D Photographer (and MUG Member) Aya Hadden in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area of Texas gives a shout-out to the We Get Around Referral Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers and Real Estate Agents and its Founder, Atlanta-based We Get Around Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod.

More Info
www.HelpingaRealtor.com
www.We-Get-Around.com
Post 1 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
Chicago is SATURATED with Matterport cameras. :-)
Post 2 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
So is San Diego, don't even think about starting there. I think the OC has room though. haha.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
If you are thinking about buying the Matterport camera in Atlanta, that's a big problem ... NO businesses want Matterport 3D Showcase tours here. Everywhere else is fine.
Post 4 IP   flag post
RandyAggie private msg quote post Address this user
What about Austin, TX? What have been the biggest objections?

Thanks,
Randy
Post 5 IP   flag post
tradetickers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
NO businesses want Matterport 3D Showcase tours.
Why do NO businesses want Matterport 3D Showcase tours in Atlanta and Dallas? I don't get it. No real estate opportunities? What about Florida? We have a real estate brokerage and are thinking of buying one and adding to the services we offer our agents, but this NO business talk is unnerving. Hate to waste 4500 on a camera that will be obsolete and certainly not profitable if this is the case.
Post 6 IP   flag post
BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
tradetickers, sarcasm!
Post 7 IP   flag post
tradetickers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM
tradetickers, sarcasm!
I missed that. So everyone is easily recouping their 4500 investment and hosting fee? 200 to 500 a shoot depending on sq ft?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
All,

Thinking about buying a Matterport Camera or engaging a Pro? This thread is likely to be helpful.

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Agents and brokers are winning listings, and getting more buyer and more seller leads as a result of Matterport 3D Showcase tours ...

Here's a testimonial video from Perry Wellington Realty Owner Broker Adam Conrad in Central Pennsylvania. His brokerage has 80 agents.

Adam recorded this video at Inman Connect Wednesday (27 January 2016).

Buy a Camera or Engage a Pro?

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@tradetickers @BrianM No, Aya is serious. No business in North Texas at all! Don't even bother! People are scared of the Matterport... Or so I have heard.

@DanSmigrod is bluffing. People in Atlanta are desperate and practically begging for photographers.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

Everyone everywhere wants Matterport 3D Tours to to show everyone at anytime, except in Atlanta.

No one wants 3D Showcase tours in Atlanta. Our team of Matterport Pros are very lonely.

If you are planning to buy a Matterport Camera, best that you work outside of Atlanta. Better yet, outside of Georgia.

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
danmorell private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosFHdz
So is San Diego, don't even think about starting there. I think the OC has room though. haha.

Hi @CarlosFHdz,

You mention that SD is saturated with MP camera's. Is this only for the real estate industry or would you say that other markets like vacation & general rentals, restaurants, wedding venues or many other commercial businesses are not open to what MP can offer?

I would also open the question back up from @RandyAggie. How is the Austin, TX market?

Thank you to everyone for you contributions!

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
@danmorell

PM me, let's chat.

Carlos.
Post 14 IP   flag post
BDPelton private msg quote post Address this user
What is the market like in Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, Moorpark, Simi Valley and Malibu, CA? All within 5 miles of each other.?? Is buying a Matterport a good idea?
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
What else would you tell someone whom is thinking about buying a Matterport Camera?

I get at least two PMs weekly asking, "I am thinking about buying a Camera. What advice do you have for me."

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Should they rent a Matterport Camera first?
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/1999/matterport-camera-rental---really/
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
14 July 2016 – Market Wired – Matterport Acquires UK-based Virtual Walkthrough

Please see this Matterport User Group Forum thread for discussion on this topic.

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
101436 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?