Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BLK360How I Matterport with Chris HickmanOutdoorsScanningSwimming Pools

Video: Metroplex 360 Dives in to Scanning a Pool7488

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: How I Matterport - With the Wrong Camera | Video Courtesy of Metroplex 360 YouTube Channel

In this video, Chris tells why the Matterport Camera is not the right tool for scanning a pool in bright sun.

Chris writes on his YouTube Channel:

"Is the Matterport Pro-2 the right camera for all scans? Sometimes it isn't -- that's one of the reasons why the Leica BLK 360 integration exists -- and I wish I had been authorized to use it today!"

Source:

What do you do when you are asked to scan a pool?

Best,

Dan

P.S. All We Get Around Network Forum posts tagged:
How I Matterport with Chris Hickman
Post 1 IP   flag post
DaK private msg quote post Address this user
Wait, what? Is the video getting cut off? Am I missing something...?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I like to rant on YouTube a bit. This scan job was from an agency and it was Pro-2 only - no BLK tricks - no budget for it and I assume no desire to allow something in one market that would not be possible in another market.

So I'm pushing for reconsideration
Post 3 IP   flag post
Lol, my bad. I shoot a lot of pools and just posted a comment about how they almost always show up as a black hole on the dollhouse so I was thinking there was going to be a tip from the master. I’ve only ever gotten 2 to show up as pool water in the about 50 I’ve shot. Anyone else have any ideas....other than the blk? Lol.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaK
Lol, my bad. I shoot a lot of pools and just posted a comment about how they almost always show up as a black hole on the dollhouse so I was thinking there was going to be a tip from the master. I’ve only ever gotten 2 to show up as pool water in the about 50 I’ve shot. Anyone else have any ideas....other than the blk? Lol.

I'm championing the creation of a surface area fill tool.

Matterport created and patented the window fill tool. It inserts a vertical texture within all gaps that are 20cm behind where you place the marker and textures if with photograph imagery, then trims all data behind it that is visible from the scans directly in front of it. It is an absolutely brilliant concept.

The same concept easily lends itself to a surface area tool. Simply draw a rectangle and a false plane will be created that fills underneath the flat area and fills with photographic data. Problems solved.

The only other solution I have is for Matterport to create the tools for us to do this in 'post'.

I imagine that Matterport could outsource the development of an OBJ/MESH file editor to someone that would open the dollhouse and allow us to hide/show sections as well as insert false planes ourself.
One click to save, or revert.

That way, it could be developed separate from any other product like Capture, Showcase, etc.
Post 5 IP   flag post
*crosses fingers* it would be big in Florida... and Texas too. Lots of pools.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101749 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?