Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceAutosCarTesla

Tesla Model 3 Scan7424

New Westminster B.C.
thorn604 private msg quote post Address this user
First Vehicle scan!

Did not turn out as well as I would have liked. I'm sure the poor lighting conditions, reflective surfaces, and repetitive columns didn't help. Perhaps some alignment markers would help?

Exterior and Interior were actually scanned together. I was attempting to transition from outside to inside within the same model, but about halfway through the exterior scanning, the capture app split the car into two (maybe even three!) different models.

Here is the unedited scan.

Feedback/thoughts appreciated
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
There are much better ways of capturing cars now... Structure... works better... it hooks up on your ipad for $350.00
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure why you can see the lights from the garage in the roof of the interior scan. Throws the whole interior scan off. At first I thought I was looking at some cool interior lighting on the Model 3.
Post 3 IP   flag post
New Westminster B.C.
@rzphotoman The roof of this car is all glass.

@DouglasMeyers any samples?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Well, that makes sense then.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Nice job Tim. Your car?
Post 6 IP   flag post
sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Tim,

First, I've only done a few cars. Matterport isn't the best way to capture a vehicle, at least a smaller one. A WGA member recently did an RV and that looks awesome.

I did a car with white interior and it turned out great, did another with black interior and even with extra lighting, the seats look grey. I think taking it outside on a nice cloudy day might give you the best natural (diffused) light source. Just my opinion.

Beautiful car though.

Scott
Post 7 IP   flag post
New Westminster B.C.
@sbl110 Yes, I was thinking a slightly overcast day down at the beach might work well!

@Jamie Yeah mate, we'll go for a spin soon. Have a lot to catch up on...
Post 8 IP   flag post
Standard
Sarasota, Florida
BlueImmersiveMedia private msg quote post Address this user
I’m curious to know if you lowered your tripod height for the exterior shot. I did a similar application of a large piece of machinery. I realized after that the height I used for a typical room, was too high. What did you do?

Also, I saw a post somewhere about a small tripod that would work in this application. Suggestions, or link to post if someone has it handy.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
@thorn604 looking forward to it. Been a while
Post 10 IP   flag post
101630 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?