Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
2D PhotosComputer VisionInstant GalleriesMachine LearningSnapShots

Matterport Public Beta: Automatically Curated 2D Photos7358

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Matterport launched a public beta of Instant 2D Galleries, Matterport announced in its newsletter today (27 June 2018).

The 2D photos are automatically created (machine learning/computer vision). The objective is to save time so that you don't need to do SnapShots individually (though you still can).

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan

---

[Read Matterport FAQs on Instant 2D Galleries]
[Read Matterport Tips for Scanning for 2D Photos]

---

[Read Matterport Blog]
Post 1 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
If it's anything like the teaser videos they won't be of much use as the angles will be all wrong. I am willing to give it a try but can't see how they will automatically choose the best possible 2D shot.
Post 2 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I doubt it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Believe it or not, some users don't even take snapshots or setup a highlight reel.

With Auto Galleries, it helps some of these less-professional users to offer the product that Matterport has envisioned.

Since it's optional, we can continue to build our galleries just the way we like to with our angles and zoom levels in place.

I won't be using it, but there are quite a few people who will benefit.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

Matterport Instant Galleries needs a Metroplex360 plug-in so we can opt for your angles and zoom levels.

WGAN will make your plugin a free Membership benefit, if you like. 😎

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I am surprised some would not use the highlight real, but that is probably true. After so much complaining about things either Matterport does or does do I think the highlight real is a great tool. I will see how the first automated 2d extractions look, but I do not feel it will get everything I would want to showcase. Maybe on a small unit or house it maybe ok still not sure about a larger high end property where I want to show case features.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
Happy to give it a try, will then feedback.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
I experienced it for the first time this morning and I'm not going to use it. It seems to do a good job with which angles and the lines are good but each image isn't quite right and needs some tweaking. Annoyingly though it automatically selects the first automated image as the start image so you have to remember to go in and select the image you actually want.
Post 8 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Property3dNZ I agree with you we tried it on a small condo and it was ok, but we need to tweak photos for the highlight real. But it was not bad.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
What would be really lovely is if we can click on the 'image' in my.matterport.com and refine its pose and click save.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

[Read the Matterport FAQs about Matterport Instant Galleries]

Hi All,

the above appeared in the Matterport Newsletter on Thursday, 2 August 2018.

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
I am going through the process and putting the like or dislike face for the pictures,some are really good and others are not at all. So I would say I like approximately half of the ones that they supply. It might be a bit more work comparing mine and theirs but I wanted to help by putting in my two cents and believe that I might actually be learning some better angles in the ones that I like. Still kind of new at this as it's only been a few months so anything I can learn the better.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101424 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?